Structure of an Atom
First atomic theory given by the John Dalton’s it said that
“All matter is composed of small indivisible particles called Atom.”
- Atom are the building blocks of the matter.
- Atom are neither be created nor destroyed, this implies that during the chemical reactions. No atom are destroyed and nit created.
It was earlier considered atom is small entity but then it was found that, Atom consists three sub atomic particles are protons, neutron, and electrons.
All about the structure of Atom:
- Atom are very small in size.
- Atom are consider to be spherical shapes.
- Atom have sub atomic particles like electrons, protons, and neutron .
- All mass of the atom is concentrated at the centre.
- The size of atom indicate by radius which is called atomic radius.
- Atomic radius is measured in nanometre that is 1nm = 10-9 .nm
For example Hydrogen atom are most smallest Of all having a atomic radius of 0.037 nm
- As electrically charged objects can attract the unchanged objects (by inducing opposite charged in them).
- Comb acquire electric charge and in the second glass road acquired electric charge .
- Where does this electric charge come from ?
- A comb, glass road etc. Composition of matter and matter is made up of atom
So there must be some charge particles present in the matter Or hence in the atom.
- In other word atom is divisible because it has subatomic particles.
- Most of the experiment where performed which show that atom is not a smaller particles but it made up of some smallest subatomic particles. The three main subatomic particles Were electrons, protons, and neutron.
- In other words atom has internal structure of its own.
- Atom has central nucleus with protons and neutron Init.
- Protons are positively charge and neutron have no charge that is neutral.
- So nucleus is positively charge. Protons and neutron collectively called nucleon.
- Electrons are negatively charge and are located around the Nucleus. Or outermost region of atom are called electrons shell.
1) What is atom?
Answer: Atom are the building blocks of the matter.
2) What is subatomic particles of atom?
Answer: Atom have subatomic particles inside the central nucleus electrons, protons, and neutron .
3) Write about the charge of subatomic particles?
Answer: •Atom has central nucleus with protons and neutron In it. Protons are positively charge and neutron have no Charge that is neutral.
- Also nucleus is positively charge. Protons and neutron Collectively called nucleon.
- Electrons are negatively charge and are located around
The Nucleus. Or outermost region of atom are called Electrons shell.
4) how are the shape of atoms?
Answer: Atoms are consider to be spherical shapes.
5) What is the radius of an atom?
Answer: Atomic radius is measured in nanometre that is 1nm = 10-9 .nm