Vanadium – Learn all details regarding Vanadium in Periodic Table i.e. Atomic Mass, Number, Physical, Chemical properties, Electronic configuration, Valency, Chemical reaction, Uses
Vanadium is 3 rd transition metal . It show hard, malleable , ductility properties .it is form wire . It is present in earth curst in the form of rock oil, iron rock and phosphorous rock .it show anti corrosion properties . It is 1st element present in 5 th group . It is rarely found earth metal
Discovery : vanadium is discovered by 2 times First time it is discovered in 1801 by scientist Andres maueldel Raw in Mexico City Second time it is discovered by scientists Nil Gabrief selfstrom in 1830. He was found vanadium element from iron made ore it is an oxide form
Origin of name :. The name vanadium is derived from word ‘ vandis’
The meaning of this word is goodness beauty . I.e. Multi colour chemical element
Physical properties :
1) Atomic symbol: vanadium is denoted by symbol V
2) Atomic number : atomic number of vanadium is 23 In vanadium 23 proton and 23 electron is present
3) Atomic weight/ mass: atomic weight of vanadium is 50.94 amu In vanadium atom nucleus 23 proton, 28 neutron is present Sum of proton and neutrons gives atomic mass
4) Position :. It is place in 4th row ( period) and 5th column ( group ) It is 5 th group element
5) Block : it is place in d block
6) Colour : it is silver colour element
7) Odour : it is odourless metal
8) Nature :. It is found in nature at solid state
9) Boiling point : boiling point of vanadium is 34070 C
10) Melting point : melting point of vanadium is 19100 C
11) Isotopes: Vanadium show 2 stable isotope
50V: atomic weight of this isotope is 49.9 amu In this isotope 23 proton ,23 electron and 28 neutron is present. It is present 0.25% present
51V: Atomic weight of this isotope is 50.9 amu
In This isotope 23 proton,23 neutron and 28 neutron is present It is present 99.7% Other 3 radio active isotopes is present 48V ,49V, 52V
Chemical properties :
1) Electronic configuration
Electronic configuration of vanadium is 1S2 2S2 2P6 3S2 3P6 3d3 4S2
Electronic configuration of vanadium in concert of shell is 2,8,11, 2
2) Electronic structure
In vanadium 2 electron present in K shell, 8electrons present in L shell and 11 electron present in M shell and last 2 electron present in N shell
3) Valency : valency of vanadium is 2,3,4,5
4) Atomic radius : atomic radius of vanadium is 171 pm 5) reactivity : it is reactive element
1) It’s alloy act as superconducting magnet
2) Vanadium foil use for bonding steel and titanium
3) Vanadium act as a catalyst for making of acids (sulphuric acid )
4) It also use to dye fabrics
5) Vanadium is add on less amount to increase hardness and heat resistance
6) Vanadium use in nuclear reactor
7) It act as pigment in production of ceramic and glass . 8) Vanadium alloy use to make gears and crankshafts
9) It is use to make surgical element .
10) It is use to alloy like steel
Question and Answer:
Q1. Define Vanadium
Q2. Who discovered Vanadium?
Q2. Physical properties of Vanadium
Q4. Write Atomic Symbol of Vanadium.
Q5. Write the Atomic number of Vanadium.
Q6. On which block Vanadium element is present?
Q7. What is the color of Vanadium?
Q8. What is the Boiling point of Vanadium?
Q9. What is the Melting point of Vanadium?
Q10. Write the Isotopes of Vanadium.
Q11. Show Electronic configuration of Vanadium.
Q12. Write Electronic Structure of Vanadium.
Q13. What is the Valency of Vanadium?
Q14. Write the uses of Vanadium element.