Maharashtra Board Class 7 History Solution Chapter 9 – The Maratha War of Independence
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 7 History Solution Chapter 9: The Maratha War of Independence. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 7 get here The Maratha War of Independence full Exercise Solution.
|Maharashtra Class 7|
History and Civics Solution
The Maratha War of Independence
Question Number 1: Choose the correct option.
(1) Ans. (b) Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj
(2) Ans. (b) Santaji Ghorpade and Vithoji Chavan
(3) Ans. (a) Yesaji Kank.
Question Number 2:
(1) Why did Sambhaji Maharaj return halfway from the Janjira Campaign?
Ans. Sambhaji Maharaj return halfway from the Janjira campaign because at the same time Mughal Army invaded Swaraj.
(2) Why did Sambhaji Maharaj decide to teach a lesson to the Portuguese ?
Ans. Sambhaji Maharaj decided to teach a lesson to the Partuguese because they joined hands with the emperor against Sambhaji Maharaj.
(3) To whom did Rajaram Maharaj entrust the responsibility of protecting the Swaraj when he went to Jinji.
Ans. Rajaram Maharaj entrusted the responsibility of protecting Swaraj to Maharani Yesubai when he went to Jinji.
Question Number 3: Give Reason
(1) Aurangzeb turned his attention towards Adilshahi and Qutubshahi kingdoms.
Ans. Aurangzeb didn’t succeed in his campaign against the Marathas. Therefore he suspended the campaign. Then he turned towards Adilshahi and Qutubshahi kingdoms.
(2) After the death of Sambhaji Maharaj, the Marathas intensified their war with the Mughals.
Ans. The Marathas Chhatrapati did not compromise his self respect and faced his death nobly and bravely. The marathas took inspiration from this sacrifice and intensified their fight against the mughals.
(3) It was decided that the Raigad fort should be fought under the leadership of Maharani Yesubai.
Ans. Resolving the Maharani wouldn’t surrender to the Mughals under any condition, it was decided that the fight to defend Raigad would continue under the leadership of Maharani Yesubai.