Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Science solution: Cell structure and functions chapter 8. Here you get easy solutions of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Science solution Chapter 8. Here we give Chapter 8 all solution of Class 8. Its help you to complete your homework.
Board – CBSE
Text Book – SCIENCE
Class – 8
Chapter – 8
VERY SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS Answers
(3) Robert Hooke
(4) Cell membrane.
(6) Mitochondria, Golgibodies.
(7) Prokaryotic cells.
(10) Control all the activities of cell.
(12) Plant cells.
(13) Animal cells.
(14) Cell wall.
(15) Plant cells have vacuoles but animal cells have lysosomes.
(17) Cell Wall
(19) Red color plastids or Lycopene.
(20) A plant cell.
(21) Lysosome found in animal cells but plant cells have vacuoles, plant cell have cell wall but animal cells don’t have such things.
(23) Muscle cell.
(24) Muscle cell
(25) cells in the human body can contract
(26) White blood cell.
(27) white blood cell
(28) Birds egg cell
(29) (a) True, (b) false, (c) True, (d) False, (e) False, (f) False.
(31) Cells are the basic building blocks of all living things.
(32) (a) Plasma, Membrane
(b) Cell wall, Large Central vacuole, Chloropasts
(33) Carbon dioxide and oxygen.
(35) Brain nerve cells.
(36) Chloroplast helps to make food for plants known as Photosynthesis.
(38) Red blood cell
(40) Ostrich egg.
(41) Two animals organs are : Digestive system, Respiratory System
Two Plant organs are : Root system and shoot system.
(42) a> Shoot system b> root system.
(43) Prokaryotic cell.
(44) Prokaryotes cells are : bacteria
Eukaryotic Cells are : fungi
(45) (a) Robert Hooke (b) Cell (c) protoplasm, (d) function, (e)0.1;0.5 (f) cell (g) organs (h) organism (i) tissues, (j) organ System.
SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS Answers
(46) Plant and animal specimens are usually stained with dyes before observing them because we cannot see them with naked eye so we use a microscope so that the stain can provide more visibility to the part we are trying to see.
(47) The group of similar cells which work together to perform a particulars functions is called a tissue.
Two examples are : Muscle tissue, Photosynthesis tissue
(48) An organ is a collection of different tissues which work together to perform a particular functions in the body of an organisms.
Two examples are : Heart, Stomach
(49) a group of interconnected organs which works together to do a big job for the organisms is called an organ system.
Two organ system in animals : Digestive system, Respiratory system
Two organ system in Plants : root system and shoot system.
(50) Plant organs and animals organs :
- Brain : animal organ
- Leaf: plant organ
- Lungs: animal
- Roots: plant
- Stem: plant
- Kidneys: animal
- Flower: plant
- Heart: animal.
(51) a> Heart : is to pump blood around the body
b> Brain : is to control all the parts of the body
c> Roots : absorb water and dissolved mineral salts from them soil.
d> leaves : prepare food for the plant by the process of photosynthesis.
Red blood cells carries oxygen between cells.
|This is cells having nuclear material without a nuclear membrane around it||This is cells nuclear material enclosed by a nuclear membrane .|
|Example : bacteria, Blue-green algae||Example : fungi and protozoa|
(b) Two Prokaryotic cells are : bacteria, Blue-green algae
Two Eukaryotic cells are : Fungi and protozoa.
(54) (a) Nerve cells are long and have branches because they make contacts with many other nerve cells and carry messages over long distance.
(b) The other name of nerve cell is Neuron.
(55) there is no technology advanced enough to view microscopic organisms because of this Cells are not observed and studied for thousands of years.
(56) The functions of Mitochondria in a cell is use glucose and oxygen to produce energy.
(57) Nerve cells perform to receive and transmit messages between brains and other body parts whereas muscle cells about movement in body parts.
(58) Muscle cells performs to bring about the movement of body parts by contracting and relaxing.
(59) Pseudopodia means false feet in amoeba.
The functions of pseudopodia is makes a flow in any direction amoeba wants to.
(60) Chromosomes are located inside the nucleus of animal and plant cells.
(61) A gene is a basic physical and functional unit of heredity in Plants and animals.
Genes are located in nucleus of a cell.
(62) The plastid is a membrane-bound organelle found in the cells of plants, algae and some other eukaryotic organisms.
(63) The size of an ostrich egg is 170mm.
It is a single cell.
(64) The function of cell wall is gives shape and support to the plant cell.
(65) Two animal cells are : Red blood cell and white blood cell.
Two plant cells are : Epidermal cell and Xylem cell.
LONG ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS Answers
(66) (a) Cytoplasm is a transparent, Jelly-like material which fills the cell between nucleus and cell membrane.
The functions of cytoplasm is keep the cell alive take place inside the cytoplasm.
(b) All the living matter in a cell is called protoplasm.
The four compounds in a protoplasm is Carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen.
(67) (a) The organisms which are made up of only ‘one cell’ are called unicellular organisms. Examples : Amoeba, Euglena
(b) The organisms which are made up of many cells are called multicellular organisms. Examples : A rose plant, A neem tree.
(68) General diagram of a Plant cell
(b) General diagram of a Animal cell :
(c) Chloroplast are the green coloured organelles which helps the plants to makes food using carbon dioxide and water with the presence of sunlight energy. That’s why chloroplasts are found only in plant cells.
(69) (a) The difference between Amoeba cell and white blood cell is that while amoeba cell is a full fledged organisms capable of independent existence but white blood cell is merely a cell of human blood which is not a full fledged organisms and cannot exits independently.
(b) Eukaryotic cell : Amoeba.
Prokaryotic cell : White blood cell.
|PLANT CELL||ANIMAL CELL|
|A plant cell has a cell wall around it.||An animal cell does not have a cell wall around|
|A photosynthetic plant has chloroplast in it.||An animal cell does not have chloroplast or other plastids|
|A plant cell has a large vacuole in it.||An animal cell has usually no vacuole.|
- Amoeba cell : eukaryotic cell
- Bacterium cell : prokaryotic cell
- Human cheek cell : eukaryotic cell
- Blue-green algae cell : prokaryotic cell.
- Onion peel cell : Prokaryotic
For more Chapter solution, click below
- Chapter 1) Crop Production And Management
- Chapter 2) Micro Organisms : Friend And Foe
- Chapter 3) Synthetic Fibres And Plastics
- Chapter 4) Materials : Metals And Non-Metals
- Chapter 5) Coal And Petroleum
- Chapter 6) Combustion And Flame
- Chapter 7) Conservation Of Plants And Animals
- Chapter 9) Reproduction In Animals
- Chapter 10) Reaching The Age Of Adolescence
- Chapter 11) Force And Pressure
- Chapter 12) Friction
- Chapter 13) Sound
- Chapter 14) Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
- Chapter 15) Some Natural Phenomena
- Chapter 16) Light
- Chapter 17) Stars And The Solar System
- Chapter 18) Pollution Of Air And Water
1 CommentAdd a Comment
It’s too good