Chhattisgarh State Board Class 7 Civics Chapter 1 Country and State Exercise Fill in the blanks, Answer the following questions here.
(I) Fill in the blanks
(1) India has ____________ states.
Ans: – 28
(2) _____________ is the capital of Chattisgrah state.
Ans: – Raipur
(3) Bhilai is famous for __________
(4) Jhansi is in __________ state.
Ans: – Uttar Pradesh
(5) Pondicherry is a ___________
Ans: – Union Territory.
(II) Write the names of India’s neighbouring countries.
(1) Write the names of India’s neighbouring countries.
Ans: – The names of Indias neighbouring countries are Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Mayanmar etc.
(2) Write the names of the Union Territories.
Ans: – The names of the Union Territories are Delhi, Chnadigarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra-Nagar haveli, Pondichery, Lakshdweep, and Andaman & Nicobar.
(3) What is the difference between a country and a state?
Ans: – Country refers to a large nation with its own government, where as ‘state’ refers to a large governing area within the country. Every country ha sits own flag, but states have no their own flag. Every country has their own currency, on the other hand, all the states of a country have the same currency.
(4) Name some important places in Srinagar where you can for sight see.
Ans: – Some important places in Srinagar where I can go for sight see are the Dal Lake in shikara, the shalimars and Nishat gardens.