Maharashtra Board Class 9 Civics Solution Chapter 1 – Post World War Political Developments
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 9 Civics Solution Chapter 1: Post World War Political Developments. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 9 get here Post World War Political Developments full Exercise Solution.
|Maharashtra Class 9|
History and Political Science Solution
Post World War Political Developments
(A) Choose the correct option from the given options and complete the statements.
(1) A system of independent and sovereign States
(a) Political system (b) International system (c) Social system (d) None of these
Ans) (b) International system
(2) The main responsibility of the United Nations
(a) to avoid war (b) independence of colonies (c) improving the economics of different nations (d) disarmament
Ans) (a) to avoid war
(3) The Cold War ended with this event
(a) Establishment of the United Nations (b) Disintergration of the Soviet Russia (c) Creation of Military Organisations (d) Cuban Missile Crisis
Ans) b) Disintergration of the Soviet Russia
2.) State whether the following statements are true or false. Give reasons for your answer.
(1) The League of Nations was established after the First World War.
(2) The world became unipolar due to the Cold War.
Ans)FALSE – The world became bipolar due to the Cold War.
(3) The policies of Mikhail Gorbachev gave an impetus to democratisation
3.) Explain the following concepts.
(1) Cold War
Ans) When there are such tensions in the circumstances and they will become responsible to cause war,is called Cold War. It is not an actual war rather the tensions which prevail the circumstances may erupt the war any time. Same thing happened after the Second World War. America and the Soviet Russia, who were allies in the Second World War became competitors as soon as the war got over. There was no open war between these two countries. But they continued their rivalry over 40-45 years of international politics.
Ans) Some countries were there such as Asia, Africa who did not want to join the super power rivalry after the Cold War.They decided to stay out of the cold war rivalry and join the policy ,known as Non-alignment. It was an important movement during the Cold War.
Ans) Interdependence means depending upon each other. Again when the countries of the world are dependent on each other for big or small prosperous to develop themselves ,they are called interdependent. It is an important feature ofthe international system which has made the globalisation procedure stronger.
Ans) Bipolarisation is a system where there is a division of nations and the whole world is ruled by two super powers.
Ans) When all the countries of the world are inter dependent upon each other in the field of economy, culture, trade in goods and services, technology etc., it is called Globalization. In this state we observe flows of information, connection among the people, global investment and worldwide business. Many international organisations like G-20 and ‘BRICS’ etc. have formed to push this worldwide venture to the summit.India has emerged as an important country on the global scene in different spheres.
4.) Write brief answers.
(1) Compare the First World War and the Second World War with the help of the following points : Points First World War
- Involved nations Central Powers- Germany,
Austria-Hungary, and Turkey
Allies– France, Great Britain, Russia,
Italy, Japan andthe United States
- Impacts (Political and Economic) Rise of autocracy in Europe and loss of economy
- International Organisations established after the WarLeague of Nation
Points Second World War
Allies- Britain, France,
Australia, Canada, New Zealand, India,
Soviet Russia, China, America
Italy, and Japan
- Impacts (Political and Economic) After second world war cold war started between USA And Soviet Russia.
- International Organisations established after the War United Nation
(2) What were the factors responsible for the end of Cold War ?
Ans) At the end of Second World War America was already a super power, but Soviet Russia also wanted to become a super power nation. For this it was started making nuclear weapons and started increasing its military might. The struggle for power, arms race, differences in ideologies, attitude of checkmating each other by strategies and counter-strategies gave rise to the Cold War between both of them.
(3) What major changes occurred in global politics after the end of the Cold War ?
Ans) Major changes occurred in global politics after the end of the Cold War were-
- America remained the only super power in world.
- The world witnessed the growth in trade and economic relations between and among nations with the circulation of Capital, labour, market and information and ideas.
- The idea oftrade relations comes forward instead of the idea of giving ‘aid’ to other nations. The term ‘enemy nation’ changes into ‘rival nation.’
- The responsibility of the United Nations has increased for global peace and security.
- Environmental protection, fostering of human rights, gender equality and management of natural calamities now come underglobal dimension.