Maharashtra Board Class 10 History Solution Chapter 3 – Applied History
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 10 History Solution Chapter 3: Applied History. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 10 get here Applied History full Exercise Solution.
|Maharashtra Class 10|
History and Political Science Solution
1.) (a) Choose the correct option from the given options and complete the statement.
(1) The earliest museum in the world was discovered in the excavations at the city of …
(a) Delhi (b) Harappa (c) Ur (d) Kolkata
Ans) (c) Ur
(2) The National Archives of India is in ……
(a) New Delhi (b) Kolkata (c) Mumbai (d) Chennai
Ans)(a) New Delhi
(b) Identify and write the wrong pair
(1) Kootiyattam – Sanskrit theatre, Kerala
(2) Ramman–Religious festival and ritual theatre of Garhwal Himalayas.
(3) Ramlila – Traditional Performance of the Ramayana in Uttar Pradesh
(4) Kalbelia – Folk songs and dances of Rajasthan.
- ) Explain the following concepts :
(1) Applied History
Ans) Applied history is the answer of the practical value of history. It is also known as ‘Public History’, concerned with the application of history for the benefit of people in the contemporary and future times. It helps us to understand our present with the help of history and find right direction for the benefit of our future. We always wish to know more about our heritage, about the visible and invisible relics of the past their history because they represent the creative thoughts and traditions of our ancestors. The history of our heritage links us with our origin and builds our identity. So it is necessary to preserve and conserve it for future and Applied history is concerned with the preservation and conservation of our heritage and make it accessible to people.
Ans) Archives are responsible to preserve and store old documents, official records, old films, etc. The National Archives of India is in New Delhi and the main office of the National Film Archives of India is located in Pune, Maharashtra. Many records of rare Indian films are present over here.
4.) Explain the following statements with reasons.
(1) It is essential to study the history of technology.
Ans) It is essential to study the history of technology because it helps us to understand the changes and their causes in the field of agricultural production, commodity production, architecture, engineering, etc. Knowledge of science and technology was very important at every stepcause it helps us to understand the development of mechanisation and the mutual dependence between science and technology.
(2) The list of world Heritage Sites is announced by UNESCO.
Ans)The list of world Heritage Sites is announced by UNESCO to make our future generation understand that it is essential to preserve our heritage because they are the basis of our history and our origin. For that, this global organisation has announced some directives with the objective of promoting the cultural and natural heritage.
5.) Write elaborate answers .
(1) How is the method of history useful in the research of (a) Science (b) Arts (c) Management Studies
Ans) The method of history is useful in the research of –
- Science- because it helps us to understand the chronological order of scientific discoveries, inventions ,theories and cause-effect chain that led to those discoveries and inventions.
- Arts- because it helps us to understand the development of various art forms with the help of their style of expression and their foundation in the form of intellectual ,emotional-cultural traditions.
- Management Studies – because it helps us to understand various factors involved in the chain of production such as means of production, human resources and processes of production, as well as the chain of market and sales management, etc.
(2) How can we correlate applied history with our present?
Ans) We can correlate applied history with our present as it helps in building our identity by knowing our past, our cultural heritage. Applied history is the answer of the practical value of history. It helps us to understand our present with the help of history and find right direction for the benefit of our future. We always wish to know more about our heritage, about the visible and invisible relics of the past their history because they represent the creative thoughts and traditions of our ancestors. The history of our heritage links us with our origin.
(3) Suggest at least 10 solutions for preservation of the sources of history.
Ans) Solutions for preservation of the sources of history are-
- Spread awareness to conserve and preserve our cultural heritage.
- Conservation, preservation and development of the heritage site can be handled without causing any change in its original state.
- Completing the projects of conservation, preservation and development of a heritage site by taking precautions to avoid hurting sentiments of the local people.
- Regular maintenance needed to preserve the sources of History.
- The local social structure and psychology of the local people, challenges faced by them in the present situations and their expectations can be surveyed in detail.
- Involve the local people inside the preservation and conservation projects to give respect to their values.
- For the preservation of the sources of history systematic plans are very much needed.
- Give respects to the norms created by UNESCO to preserve our cultural heritage.
- Follow all the rules and regulations of museums and other archaeological sites ,created by the authority.
- Do not try to damage any source of history without knowing its value.
(4) What objectives can be fulfilled through the heritage projects.
Ans) The objectives of heritage projects are to avoid vandalising of historic and public places and to ensure that they are preserved for the benefit of future generations. It creates social awareness regarding the conservation, preservation of our cultural and natural heritage, using knowledge of history for this purpose. It is its duty to enhance the professional skills of people and to develop industrial, commercial field.