Karnataka State Board Social Science Geography Class 9 Chapter 4 Water Resources Of Karnataka Exercise Question and Answer.
(1) The Cauvery river takes its birth at Talacauvery of Kodagu district.
(2) The famous Jog Falls is produced by the Sharavati river.
(3) The Krishnarajasagar dam is in ___Mandya______ district.
(4) The first hydro-electric power generating station in Karnataka is Shivanasamudra,_.
(5) The Almatti dam has been constructed across Krishna river.
(1) Name the important river of Karnataka.
Ans: The important rivers of Karnataka are
(2) Write a note on Krishna River.
Ans: The river Krishna is the second important river of South India. its origin is from Mahabaleshwar and it flows 1,392kms Eatwards to join Bay of Bengal. But from Karnataka it flows from 480km.The main tributaries of Krishna river are Bhima , Koyna, Tungabhadra, Ghataprabha & Malaprabha. Northern Karnataka had also benefited from Irrigation and hydro electric power.
(3) What are the tributaries of Cauvery river.
ANS: The main tributaries of Cauvery river are
Hemavathi, Harangi, Lokapavani, Arkavathi, Shimsa, Kapila,Lakshmanatirtha,Suvarnavati,Bhavani.
(4) Name the different sources of irrigation in Karnataka.
Ans: Irrigation of Karnataka depends upon various sources are wells, canals & tanks.
(5) Mention the main hydro-electric power stations of our state.
Ans: The main hydro electric power station of Karnataka are
Shimsa, sharavathi, Linganamakki,Mahatma Gandhi power station etc.
(6) Write a brief note on river water disputes.
ANS: River water dispute cause many problems it is caused due to many rivers flows from more than one country. In case of Karnataka the Cauvery and Krishna river are the main river for this cause.The catchment of cauvery river in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, & Puducherry , where as Krishna rivers flows through Maharashtra ,Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh
Match the following :
|1. Linganamakki dam project||
|3.Vani Vilas Sagar||