Karnataka State Board (KSEEB) Social Science Geography Class 7 Chapter 10 Physical Divisions of India Exercise Question and Answer.
Q.1 Answer the following questions :
1) What is the position of India with regard to world population and land area?
Answer – India is the seventh largest country and second most populous in the world,It extends from Kashmir in the north to Kanyakumari in the south and from the Rann of Kuch in the west to Arunachal Pradesh in the east.
2) What is the geographical location of India?
Answer – The latitudinal extent is from 8ºN to 37ºN latitudes and 68ºE to 97ºE longitudes is the geographical location of India.
3) What is the position of Karnataka with regard to India’s land area and population ?
Answer – Karnataka is located in the south-western part of India. It is the eighth largest state in India. The Latitudinal extent is from 110N to 180 N latitudes and 740 E to 780 E longitudes.
4) List out the states surrounding Karnataka.
Answer – The neighbouring states are Goa in the north-west, Maharashtra in the north, Andhra Pradesh in the east, Tamilnadu in the south-east and Kerala to the south-west. To the west is the Arabian Sea.
5) Name the physical divisions of India.
Answer – The physical divisions of India are:-
a) The Northern Mountains.
b) The Northern Plains.
c) The Peninsular Plateaus.
d) The Coastal Plains.
6) How many states and union territories are there in India?
Answer – India has 28 states and 9 union territories are there in India.
7) How many districts are there in Karnataka?
Answer – There are 31 districts are there in Karnataka.
8) Which are the physical divisions of Karnataka ?
Answer – The Physical divisions of Karnataka are
a) The Coastal Plain.
b) The Malnad Region.
c) The Maidan Region.
9) Name the districts lying in the coastal area of Karnataka.
Answer – The Uttara Kannada, Udupi and Dakshina Kannada districts are the districts lying in the coastal area of Karnataka.
10) Name the administrative divisions of Karnataka.
Answer – Sahayadri is the divisions of Karnataka.
Also See: Others Chapter Solution