Karnataka State Board Social Science Social Science Part 1 Class 6 Chapter 11 Globe And Maps Exercise Question and Answer.
A) Answer the following questions.
1) What is a globe?
Ans:-A globe is the exact human made representation of the Earth by which we can get a general concept of Earth.
2) Mention any two uses of globe.
Ans:- Two uses of globe:
- There are many continents, countries, oceans in the Earth and globe helps us to understand their position.
- By the globe, we can get geographical information about the mountains, plateaus, plains, deserts , rivers, islands etc.
3) What is a map?
Ans:-Map gives us detailed description about geographical features of countries, continents, oceans, mountains, rivers etc. Basically it is a diagrammatical representation of Earth.
4) Which are the different types of maps?
Ans:-Types of maps are:
- Maps based on scale.
- Large-Scale maps.
- Small-Scale maps.
- Maps based on purpose.
- Physical maps.
- Political maps.
- Distribution maps.
5) Mention any two uses of maps.
Ans:-Two uses of maps are:
- We can get locations of countries, rivers, oceans and all by the use of map.
- By the use of map, we can get a transportation benefit. We can see the roads, train lines and all the routes which we want.
6) What is an Atlas?
Ans:-An Atlas is the book which is a collection of various types of maps.
7) What is a scale?
Ans:-A scale helps us to get the distance between two places on the map. It is basically a ratio of distance on the map and corresponding distance on the ground.
8) What are the geographical symbols?
Ans:-The geographical symbol is the sign which identifies the particular object on the map.
9) Which are the major components of a map?
Ans:-The major components of a map:
- Latitudes and longitude.
- Index or key.
10) What color is used to show the water bodies in the map?
Ans:- Blue is the color which is used to show the water bodies in the map.