Chhattisgarh State Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Solution
Chhattisgarh State Board Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Characteristics and Classification of Living Organisms Exercise Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blanks, Questions and Answers here.
1.) Classify the following as living and nonliving:
house, air, human being, peacock, tortoise, mongoose, water, cloud, soil, plant, mango, papaya, gram, well, tap, motor, cycle, fan
Human being House , Water ,
Peacock Soil , Gram ,
Tortoise Cloud , Well ,
Mongoose Tap , Motor ,
Plant Cycle , Fan
2.) Explain the following characteristics of the living:
(1) Sensitivity – When our hand comes near any hot things , we remove our hand at once . We did this because of sensitivity . Similarly plants also have sensitivity . For example , if we touch the leaves of touch-me-not plant then its leaves start closing . It happens due to their sensitivity to contact .
(2) Growth – Animals grow up to a fixed age and plants grow throughout their life . We can see , animals have an increament in their height , weight , size up to a fixed age due to growth and in the same way plants also grow .
3.) Give two examples each of herbivores, carnivores and omnivores
Examples of , Herbivores – Cow , Bird
Carnivores – Lion , Tiger
Omnivores – Human being , Monkey
4.) Give names of parasites, saprophytes and insectivorous plants.
Parasites plant – Amarbel
Saprophytes plant – Mushroom
Insectivorous plant – Pitcher plant
5.) Give the scientific names of the state bird and state animal of Chhattisgarh
The scientific name , of the state bird of Chhattisgarh is Gracula religiosa peninsularis , of the state animal of Chhattisgarh is Bubalus-Bubalis .
6.) What is the average lifespan of human beings and elephants respectively?
The average lifespan of human being is between 80 to 100 years and average lifespan of elephant is 70-90 years .
7.) Give the names of some medicinal and food plants. Also write the uses of animals to human beings
Medicinal plants – Aloe vera , Tulsi
Food plants – Mango tree , Pumpkin plant
The uses of animals to human beings – a) From animals we get milk , eggs , wool etc .
b) Animals help us in transport .
8.) What will happen if a plant is placed without being watered in the dark for seven days?
If a plant is placed without being watered in the dark for seven days then it could not get sunlight and water for preparing food it will not survive .
9.) The motor vehicle moves, it uses fuel as food and it excretes smoke, yet it is called non-living. Give reasons.
The motor vehicle moves , it uses fuel as food and it excretes smoke , yet it is called non-living because motor has no life , no growth , no sensitivity and it can not reproduce as living
10.) Tick the correct statements ( ) and rewrite the wrong statements to make them correct
(1) The gum is an excretory product of a plant . ( Correct )
(2) The mushroom is a parasite . -> The mushroom is a saprophyte .
(3) The rat is an omnivorous animal . ( Correct )
(4) Micro-organisms are observed using a microscope . ( Correct )
(5) The animals that do not have a spinal chord are called invertebrates . -> The animals that do not have verteble column are called invertebrates.
(6) Bamboo is used in the paper industry . (Correct )
(7) The snake is an invertebrate animal . -> The snake is a vertebrate animal .
1 CommentAdd a Comment