ML Aggarwal CBSE Solutions Class 7 Math 10th Chapter Triangle and its Properties Exercise 10.1
(1) In the adjoining figure:
(i) Name the vertex opposite to side PQ.
(ii) Name the side opposite to vertex Q.
(iii) Name the angle opposite to side QR.
(iv) Name the side opposite to ∠R
(vi) Isosceles Triangle
(b) (i) Acute angles
(ii) Right angled
(iii) acute angled
(iv) Obtuse angled
(v) Obtuse angled
(vi) right angled
(3) In the adjoining ΔPQR, if D is the mid-point of
PM is …..
PD is …..
Is QM = MR?
Solution: (i) an altitude
(ii) A median, No
(4) Will an altitude always lie in the interior of triangle? If no, draw a rough sketch to show such a case.
(5) Can you think of a triangle in which two altitudes of the triangle are its sides? If yes, draw a rough sketch to show such a case.
Solution: Yes, a right angled triangle.
(6) Draw rough sketches for the following:
(i) In ΔABC, BE is a median of the triangle.
(ii) In ΔPQR, PQ and PR are altitudes of the triangle.
(iii) In ΔXYZ, XL is an altitude in the exterior of the triangle.
(7) Take an equilateral triangle and draw its medians and altitudes and check that the medians and altitude are same.