Chhattisgarh State Board Class 7 Science Chapter 18 Movement and Locomotion Living Organism Exercise Identify the wrong statements in the following, Question and Answer here.
Question for practice
(1) Identity the wrong statements in the following, correct and rewrite them.
(a) The movement of bone is due to contraction and relaxation of muscles.
Answer:- This is a correct statement.
(b) The movement of plant stem is called positive geotropism.
Answer:- Incorrect statement. The movement of plant stem is called phototropism.
(c) Rose plant shows seismoplasty
Answer:- Incorrect. Rose plant doesn’t show seismoplasty.
(d) The movement of roots towards light is called hydrotropism.
Answer:- Correct statement.
(2) What is tropism?
Answer:- (1) Stem moves in the direction of light, while the leaves of the touch-me-not plant close when touches
(2) Thus various parts of the plant show reaction to various stimuli and this process is called tropism.
(3) Plant root move towards the earth. Give reason.
Answer:- (1) Plant root move towards the earth because the roof is attracted by gravity toward the earth.
(2) Also the root is attracted toward water which present down the earth.
(4) Write about the movement of the leaves of touch-me-not.
Answer:- (1) The leaves of touch-me-not plant close on touching it and reppen after a short while.
(2) This movement in response to the touch is called seismonasty.
(5) Briefly explain the movement of different kind of a microorganism.
=> Movement of different kind of micro-organism are –
(1) Amoeba is a single-celled animal which moves by forming pseudopodia.
(2) In Euglena there is a single thread-like structure which is used for movement. This is called the flagellum and it helps Euglena in swimming.
(3) Like amoeba, and Euglena, parmoecium is also single-called anima. The entire surface of his its body is covered with structure called cilia. These the animal swimming.
(6) Write down the users of muscles in the locomotion of animals.
Answer:- The users of muscles in the locomotion of animals are follows –
(1) Movement of animal from one place to another is called locomotion. Different animals use different means of locomotion.
(2) Locomotion in the earthworm is due to the contraction and relaxation of muscle.
(3) Mosquitoes and plies fly with the help of their wings. The wings move due to the movement of muscle attached to them.
(4) Vertebrates, the animals with backbones, move with the help of their skeletal and muscular systems.
(5) Fish move their fins and tails to be swim in water.
(6) As snake do not have and tails to be swim in water.
(7) Bats and flying mammals membranous skin stretches between the fore – and hind limbs. This acts like a wings and help the bats to fly.
1 CommentAdd a Comment
Q 1 d is wrong so please correct it.overall thanks