A Tiger in the House Class 7 Extra Questions English The Alian Hand Supplementry Chapter 9 Solution
NCERT Class 7 English The Alian Hand Supplementry Chapter 9 A Tiger in the House Extra Questions and Answers. CBSE Class 7 English The Alian Hand Supplementry Chapter 9 Extra Questions.
All Questions and Answers are very important because all are taken from Textbook.
- Subject : English The Alian Hand Supplementry.
- Level : Class – 7.
- Chapter: 3.
- Topic : A Tiger in the House Extra Questions.
Very Short Type Extra Questions and Answers
(1) Whom did Grandfather find in the forest?
Ans: – A tiny tiger-cub
(2) What did Grandfather do with the tiny tiger cub?
Ans: – He brought him home
(3) Where did Grandfather find the tiger cub?
Ans: – In the Terai jungle near Dehra
(4) What was the name given to the tiger cub?
(5) Who gave him the name “Timethy”?
Ans: – Grandfather
(6) How long timely was, Grandfather found him?
Ans: – He was about eighteen inches long
(7) Where was timothy hidden?
Ans: – He was hidden among the intricate roots of a banyan tree
(8) Who had the distinction of being the only member of the party to have bagged any game?
Ans: – Grandfather
(9) How Timothy was brought up in the beginning?
Ans: – He was brought up entirely on milk a feeding bottle
(10) Who feeds milk of Timothy?
Ans: – Their cook, Mahmoud
(11) What was the name of their cook?
Ans: – Mahmoud
(12) What were the foods given to him later?
Ans: – Raw mutton, cool liver oil, pigeons and rabbits
(13) Who was Timothy?
Ans: – Timothy was the tiger cub found in the forest by Grandfather.
(14) Who were the companions of Timothy?
Ans: – Toto, the monkey and a small mongrel puppy
(15) Who was Toto?
Ans: – Toto was monkey and the pet of Grandfather.
(16) What was the name of the monkey?
Ans: – Toto
(17) What did Toto do with timely?
Ans: – He would put the young tiger with his Jail
(18) Why Toto climb up the certain?
Ans: – When timothy loss his temper.
(19) Whom did Grandfather find on the road?
Ans: – A small mongrel puppy.
(20) Where was the puppy found/
Ans: – He was found on the road.
(21) Who found the small puppy on the road?
Ans: – Grandfather
(22) Whom was Timothy quite afraid of at the beginning?
Ans: – He was afraid of the puppy
(23) What was Timothy one of favourite amusement?
Ans: – To stalk anyone who would play with him.
(24) Who came to live with Grandfather?
Ans: – The author
(25) Who became Timothy’s favourite?
Ans: – The author
(26) When the author took timothy put for walks, what would people do?
Ans: – People would keep a quite safe distance from them.
(27) Where was Timothy favourite place in the house?
Ans: – The drawing room
(28) Whose favourite place in the house was the drawing room/
Ans: – Timothy
(29) Where did he sleep at night?
Ans: – He slept at night in the cook’s quarters
(30) When Timothy was six months old, want changes came over him?
Ans: – He became less friendly and rather dangerous
(31) What did Grandfather decide after Timothy’s villainous intent?
Ans: – He decided to transfer him to a Zoo
(32) Where did Grandfather take Timothy to?
Ans: – To the Zoo
(33) Where was the Zoo?
Ans: – Lucknow
(34) How did Grandfather take him to Lucknow?
Ans: – By reserving a first class compartment for himself
(35) Who snarled at the tiger in the Zoo?
Ans: – a leopard
(36) Who ‘shoed’ the leopard away?
Ans: – Grandfather
(37) Why did Grandfather want to meet the superintendent of the Zoo?
Ans: – Grandfather wanted the tiger to shift somewhere else, so he went to meet the superintendent.
(38) What did Grandfather do when he met Timothy in the cage of the zoo?
Ans: – He put both his hands around the tigers head and stroked his forehead and tickled his ears.
(39) What did the old keeper say to Grandfather?
Ans: – He said that timothy had died two months ago
(40) How did timothy die?
Ans: – He died of pneumonia
(41) Why did Grandfather walk briskly out of the zoo?
Ans: – He could not think of anything when he heard that timothy was dead.
(42) Who was the author of this story?
Ans: – Ruskin Bond
(43) Who is ‘I’ in this story?
Ans: – The author, Ruskin Bond.
Short Answer Type Extra Questions and Answers
(1) How did Grandfather find the tiger cub?
Ans: – Once Grandfather was strolling down the forest path at some distance. Suddenly he discovered tiny tiger, cub, hiding among the intricate roots of a banyan tree, Grandfather picked him up and brought home.
(2) Brief describes Timothy?
Ans: – Timothy was little tiger cub found by Grandfather in the Terai jungles near Dehra. He was about eighteen inches long. He was named ‘Timothy’ by Grandmother. Timothy was playful and he has his companions like Toto, the monkey and a small puppy.
(3) What timothy was given to eat?
Ans: – At the beginning he was brought up entirely on milk given by their cook in a feeding bottle. But later milk proved too heavy for him and was put on diet of raw mutton and cod liver oil.
(4) Whom did Timothy afraid of?
Ans: – Timothy seemed to be quite afraid of the small mongrel puppy. Timothy would rush back a spring if the puppy came too near to him. But later, he allowed the puppy to move forward slowly on his back and rest there.
(5) What changes appeared on him when he was six months old?
Ans: – When he was about six months old, he become less friendly with everyone and also dangerous. Often he had to be chained up at home. He used to scare the cats and dogs in the road.
(6) What did Grandfather decide?
Ans: – Grandfather took decisions to transfer him to the zoo, because timothy’s dangerous and villainous intent to everyone.
(7) How did Grandfather take timothy to lucknow?
Ans: – He took timothy to Lucknow by reserving a first class compartment for Timothy and himself too, where no other passengers would share that compartment with them.
(8) What happened six months later when the narrator’s grandparents visited lucknow?
Ans: – After six months, the narrators grandparents visited to their relatives in Lucnow. Grandfather decided to see Timothy at the zoo. So he directly went to the zoo to meet his timothy.
(9) What did Grandfather do when he saw the tiger in the zoo?
Ans: – Grandfather went forward the cage and said ‘Hello timothy” and put his arm through the bars of the cage. The tiger too approached the bars and grandfather put both of his hands around his head.
(10) What shocked Grandfather in the end?
Ans: – Grandfather was shocked when the old keeper revealed that timothy had lived two months ago due to pneumonia. Grandfather could not think of anything to say. So, white leaving he mumbled goodnight timothy to the tiger and walked briskly out of the zoo.
Long Answer Type Extra Questions and Answers
(1) How timothy was brought up?
Ans: – Timothy was found by Grandfather, while he was strolling down the forest. He was almost eighteen inches long, hiding under the roots of a banyan tree. Therefore, he was brought home. Grandmother named him ‘Timothy’ and he was a very lovable tiger cub. He was given milk in a feeding bottle by their cook at the very beginning. But it was found that proved to be too heavy for him. Later he was put on diet of raw mutton, cod liver oil, pigeons and rabbits. Thus, everyone took care of him very well.
(2) Describe the true companions of Timothy?
Ans: – Timothy had two companions like the monkey and the dog. They monkey was named as Toto, he was a very courageous animals and he used to pull Timothy by his tail and later climb up the certain when timothy loses him temper. And there was a small mongrel puppy, who was found by Grandfather on the rood. Timothy was quite sourced of him and rushed back with a spring if the puppy comes near him at the beginning. But finally, Timothy allowed him to crawl on his back and rest too.
(3) What changes occurs when Timothy was six months old?
Ans: – When he was about six months old, Timothy grew less friendly with everyone. And when he was taken out for a w2alk he sued to scare and snatch the street cats and pet dogs. Even at night grandparents would hear the cackling from the poultry house and next morning there would be feathers lying on the ground. Therefore, he was often put on a chain.
(4) What was the decision of Grandfather and days?
Ans: – The decision of Grandfather was to transfer timothy to the zoo. Because timothy was growing less friendly and more dangerous those days. His villainous intent to everyone makes Grandfather to transfer him to the zoo. Grandfather took him to Lucknow, in the zoo authorities where a welt fed and civilised tiger were put in.
(5) What happened when Grandfather visited to the zoo after six month?
Ans: – When he reached the zoo, he sprightly move forward to the cage where Timothy was kept he saw the tiger behind the bars of the cage and said “Hello Timothy” The Tiger too approached the bars and Grandfather put his both hands around his head, also stroked the tigers forehead and tickled his ears too. Even though the tiger was very dangerous, he became calm and quite when Grandfather cuddled him. He too ticked Grandfather’s hands
(6) What did the old keeper say to Grandfather?
Ans: – The old keeper in a stammering manner said that this tiger does not belong to him because Grandfather tiger, i.e. Timothy had died ago months before due to pneumonia. And the tiger who was in the cage was trapped in the hills last months and was very dangerous. This made Grandfather Heartbreaks and with deep sorrow he left the zoo by wishing the tiger “Goodnight Timothy”.