Telangana SCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 8 Solution – Fibre to Fabric. Here in this post we provides Class 6 Science Fibre to Fabric Telangana State Board Solution. Telangana State Board English Class VI Medium Students can download this Solution to Solve out Improve Your Learning Questions and Answers.
Telanagana State Board Class 6 Science Chapter 8 Fibre to Fabric Solution:
(1) What will happen if a rain coat is made from cotton fabric? Why?
Ans: – The rain should allow the flow of water on it with absorbing any drop of water.
The rain coat is fully water proof. It is made from cotton fabric, then the cotton rain coat absorbe the rain water falling on it and the purpose of wearing the rain coat is not served.
(2) Make a flow chart showing the process of getting a fabric (clothes) from cotton plant?
Ans:- Plucking of cotton -> cleaning -> purifying -> knitting -> weaving -> making their threads -> converting into a new cloth -> ready to wear by transportation in shops and our purchase.
(3) Coconut is also a fibre. Make a list of some articles made of coconut fibre?
Ans: – The articles made from coconut fibre are – (i) Ropes, (ii) Mats, (iii) Bags, (iv) Floor mats, (v) Brushes.
These articles are made from coin.
Coir is fibrous material of coconut that is found in between the hand-inner shell and the outer coat of it.
(4) Classify the fabric of following items as natural or artificial- Dhothi, Venkatagiri saree, jeans, umbrella cloth, bed-sheets, your shirt or skirt, rain-coat, gunny-bags?
|Natural Fibre||Artificial Fibre|
|Dhoti, Venkatagiri saree, bed-sheets, shirts, skirt, Gunny bags||Umbrella cloth, Rain-coat , bed-sheets, shirts or skirt, jeans (65% cotton, 35% polyster)|
(5) Explain the process of making yarn from cotton wool?
Ans: – (i) A cotton ball is taken and seeds are removed from it.
(ii) Some of it is taken in one hand and cotton is pulled out gently with thumb and fore finger.
(iii) This cotton fibre is cleaned, washed and combed. This fine cotton fibre is used to make cotton yarn.
(iv) Continuous twisting of the fibre will make yarn.
(v) This yarns are dyed and coated with chemicals.
Then they become strong enough to make fabrics . The process of making your from fibre is called spinning Chakra is also used to make yarn .
(6) Small strand like structures are called –
Ans: – Small strand like structured are called (b) fibre.
(7) Making fabric from cotton yarn is called –
Ans: – Spinning
(8) What would you do to remove wrinkles from your shirt or skirt?
Ans: – By ironing the shirt and skirt we can remove the wrinkles on it.
With the help of heat and the weight of iron plate. Fibers are stretched and the fabric gets a straight shapes, which is maintained after it is called.
(11) Discuss with your teacher and prepare an information chart about spinning mills in our state?
Ans: – If you look at the map of India, you need to start from the North and South western parts of the country.
Cities such as Bombay, Delhi, Agra and. Jaipur were historical centers of textiles while Calcutta gained prominence after the British arrived.
(12) Collect news items about handloom workers and cotton growers. Analyze one news item in your own way?
Ans: – You can make a presentation by including the details of the handloom workers and cotton growers and also their problems. As in India there are many handloom workers which make use of the quality cotton to make good product. But the number of there because since the last two decades the reasons include the low income and hard working. Labour do not want to make this profession as income secure instead they prefer Rickshaw Driver. Handloom waver facing problems and losing its capability to creat jobs because of there are no government effort.
(13) While purchasing your dress what doubts would you want to clarify from the shop keeper?
Ans: – The doubts that I’d clarify with the shopkeeper would be as follows –
(i) Would the cloth fabric shrink after washing?
(ii) What type of cloth it is?
(iii) Does it pure cotton or silk?
(iv) What type of material is used in this cloth?
(v) Does the colour fade way when it washed?
(14) What did you do to know whether artificial fibers give pungent smell while burning. Write the steps of your experiment?
Steps:- (i) We will take some pieces of some artificial fibres.
(ii) Then we will burn them, one by one and small them.
By doing this we can find that whether artificial fibre give pungent small or not.
(15) The clothes that we wear have a great background. Track the stages (from seed to dress) and write your feelings about the people working at different levels of the track?
Ans:- Cotton production stages
(i) Seed growing :- after planting the seeds in suitable environment they are grown and cottons are plucked by farmers.
(ii) Ginning of cotton :- In this process the cotton balls are transformed into fibres in the factory of ginning. This process helps to separates seed pods and the fibre in it.
(iii) Spinning of cotton :- In this process splits the fibre into yarn and make it ready for weaving and also cleaning of fibre process is involves here.
(iv) Dyeing :- Generally the toxic Dyeing process involves use of harmful chemical that pollutes the environment. But in organic Dyeing atural sources are used.
(v) Garment creation:- After Dyeing cotton is sent to make garments through several stages.
A lot of workers are involved in designing, cutting, colouring of garments from production to the creation of garments lot of hard work is given by the workers.