Telangana SCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Solution – Separation Of Substances. Here in this post we provides Class 6 Science Separation Of Substances Telangana State Board Solution. Telangana State Board English Class VI Medium Students can download this Solution to Solve out Improve Your Learning Questions and Answers.
Telanagana State Board Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Separation Of Substances Solution:
(1)Is it possible to separate sugar mixed with wheat flour? If yes, how will you do it? If powdered sugar is mixed with wheat flour,how do you separate them?
Ans: – (i) We can separate sugar from wheat flower by
(ii) In the mixture of sugar and wheat flour, sieving allows the fine flour particles to pass through the holes of sieve, while sugar particle remain on the sieve.
(2) Why is hand picking necessary after winnowing?
Ans: – This is because after winnowing some of husk also added or some dust of husk also added to it. So it is needed hand picking for more clean.
(3) Srikar accidentally mixed mustard seeds with rice and salt. How can he separate them?
Ans: – Srikar can separate them by sieving. In the mixture sieving allows the mustard seeds to pass through the holes of the sieve, while rice and salt remain on the sieve.
The mixture of rice and salt are taken in another sieve, whose holes permit rice to pass through.
Thus salt crystals remain on the sieve.
Thus mixture of mustard seeds, rice and salt are thus separated
(4) Which separation process is used when one component is in a mixture:
(a) Heavier than the other?
Ans: – Separation process used when one component in a mixture is heavier that the other is winnowing.
(b) Bigger than the other?
Ans: – This separation process is called sieving, fittration, hand picking.
(c) Different shape and color from the other?
Ans: – It is called sublimation.
(d) One is soluble in water and the other is not?
Ans: – This separation process is called filtration.
(e) One floats and the other sinks in water?
Ans: – Filtration, crystallization.
(5) Visit a nearby dairy and report about the processes used to separate cream from milk?
Ans: – This process is centrifugation in which the milk is spun at high speed in the centrifuge machine that contains tube and rotator. BY this process the milk and cream separated easily as the cream is lighter so it remains at top and milk is heavy it remains at top and milk is heavy it heavy it remains at the bottom.
(6) Divya suggested some methods to separate mixtures given below. Are they correct? Find whether they are possible or not. Give reasons?
(a) Pure water can be obtained from sea water by the process of filtration?
Ans: – Pure water cannot be obtained from sea water by the process of filtration.
Pure water can be obtained from sea water by the process of distillation.
(b) Cheese is removed from curdled milk by the process of decantation?
Ans: – Cheese cannot be removed from curdled milk by the process of decantation.
It can be removed from curdled. Milk by the process of filteration.
(c) Separation of sugar from tea can be done by filteration?
Ans: – Separation of sugar from tea cannot be done by filteration.
Separation of sugar from tea can be done by evaporation.
(7) Collect information from your parents regarding various methods used by us to clean food?
(8) We observe that kerosene rises up in the wick of a lantern. Take a wick and put a spot of ink at one of its ends. Then dip the wick in kerosene just as you had dipped the chalk in water in the chromatography activity. Will your experiment be successful in seperating the colour ink spot. Try it?
(9) Match the following; and write sentences in your note book.
|A) A substance obtained by mixing two or more pure substances.||(1) Sublimation (C)|
|B) A clear liquid obtained after filtration||(2) Decantation (E)|
|C) A solid changing directly into vapour||(3) Mixture (A)|
|D) A method for removing the husk from grain||(4) Winnowing (D)|
|E) Removing insoluble impurities from muddy water by allowing it to settle||(5) Filtrate (B)|
(A) A substance obtained by mixing two or more pure substances called mixture.
(B) A clear liquid obtained after filtration called filtrate.
(C) A Solid changing directly into vapour called Sublimation.
(D) A method for removing the husk from grain called Winnowing.
(E) Removing insoluble impurities from muddy water by allowing it to a settle called decantation.
(10) Draw a picture of article used for separation of mixture in your house?
(11) Kiran observed his father separating husk and grains by winnowing method in the field and appreciated how wind flow helped in seperation. On evaporation salt is formed from sea water. Isn’t it? How would you appreciate this process?
Ans: – Flowing wind carries the lighter husk with it and the heavy grains fall down in the ground.
This winnowing is done with the help of flowing wind which is a natures gift and also the difference in their destiny.
Similarly evaporation of sea water leaves salt for us. (This is done with the help of sunlight) This is because of the difference in their evaporating temperature. Water gets evaporate on a lower temperature than the salt so the only salt will left behind after the evaporation.
1 CommentAdd a Comment