Tamilnadu Board Samacheer Kalvi 9th English Supplementary Solutions Chapter 6: Tamilnadu State Board Solution Class 9 English Chapter 6 Supplementary – Mother’s Voice.
Samacheer Kalvi 9th English Supplementary Solutions Chapter 6: Overview
|Chapter Name||Mother’s Voice|
Samacheer Kalvi Class 9th Supplementary Mother’s Voice Question Answer Solution
A) Choose the correct answer
1) Mother was excited because it was her first visit to the moon.
a) her son would be home in the spring
b) her son was coming back to earth
c) it was her first visit to the moon
d) her son was going to another galaxy
2) On weekdays, as Mother went about the chores her singing was muted and a little sad.
a) she constantly thought of her son
b) she was always tired
c) her singing would be soft and almost inaudible
d) her singing was muted and a little sad
3) Selenopolis occupies more than a hundred square kilometres on the moon.
4) The Community of Nations Square is where people of different nationalities come after work.
a) live on the moon
b) work on the moon
c) walk on the moon
d) of different nationalities come after work
5) They are planning an expedition to a neighbouring galaxy.
6) The mother was not able to understand why people wanted to leave the moon because it was better to remain as a part of solar-system
a) it was better to remain as a part of solar-system
b) it was better to remain on the earth
c) it was not possible to come back
d) it was a place to enjoy life
B) Identify the character or speaker of the following lines.
1) It’s so easy to walk here, son! Mother
2) They’re planning an expedition to a neighboring galaxy. Son
3) Why should people go off into the unknown? Mother
4) I don’t know when we’ll see each other again. Son
5) Operator on duty, …… report to office. Voice from the loud speaker
C) Answer the following question in about 100 – 120 words.
1) Write a paragraph listing all the sentimental and the scientific reasons given by the mother against the expedition to neighboring galaxy.
Answer: It was mother’s first visit to the moon. There was much excitement in her voice. She did appreciated the moon’s beauty. But for her earth was much better. She felt that it felt better in the river of Dnieper on the earth. Her question was why should people go off into the unknown planet and invite trouble for themselves. She didn’t like the idea of expedition to neighboring galaxy. She thought that it would be more sensible to settle properly on the moon first and then on the rest planets in the solar system. She put her opinion philosophizing that the reason why people settle down on the moon is because they are in the gravitation field of their native Earth, under their native Sun. It’s the space allotted to us by nature. She insisted her son to visit home in autumn . She even told him about their deepened pond that was full of fish for she knew he liked fishing. In this way she gave scientific reasons against expidtion in practical manner but at the same time her mother’s heart wanted her son back and have beautiful life on the earth.
E) Based on the understanding of the story, discuss in groups and make a note of the following.
“The explorer in this story is travelling to another galaxy. The final destination is an unknown planet in another galaxy. The travel will take many years”. What qualities and life skills do you think an explorer like him must possess? Why? Do you have any of these skills and qualities? Explain.
Answer: An explorer must possess following qualities:
1) Optimism- One should possess this quality because there might be ups and downs during the journey and one has to make sure that he/she has positive attitude.
2) Intelligence- To go on another planet is not everyone’s cup of tea. One must possess high intelligence only then he/she will be able to go on such expedition.
3) Flexibility- Not only physical flexibility one should have emotional flexibility too. To explore such places one needs to adapt things and situation and try to cope with it.
4) Strong attitude- One should be emotionally strong in this.
A young astronaut and his mother are on the moonscape
A young astronaut
There is a conversation between a son and a mother. She is excited on her first visit to moon. She gives scientific and emotional reasons against expedition. They long for each other. But ultimately has to accept the situation. He often listens to his mother’s recording often.
A mother-son’s beautiful bond can be seen. They both miss each other a lot and the son often listens to his mother’s voice recording.