Is 4603 is a prime number or not ?
- As we already know that, the number having factors 1 and the number itself is the prime number.
- And numbers having more than these two factors are the composite numbers.
- To check whether the number 4603 is prime or not first we have to find its factors.
Factors of 4603:
- If we have taken numbers from 1, 2, 3…for checking factors of 4603, we found that 4603 has factors 1 and the number 4603 itself. Hence, we must say that 4603 is a prime number.
- Thus, 4603 is the prime number.
- Here, 4603 is the odd prime number.
- If we multiply 4603 by 1, 2, 3, then we get the multiples of 4603 which are 4603, 9206, 13809…and so on.
About the number 4603:
- 4603 has only two factors which are 1 and the number itself and hence 4603 is the prime number.
- 4603 is the odd prime number and it is not the perfect square also.
- If we divide 4603 by 1 and the number itself then we get remainder as zero. Hence, 1 and 4603 are the factors of 4603.
- 4603 is not the perfect square.
- Factors of 4603: 1 and 4603
- Prime factors of 4603: 4603 (since, 4603 is the only one prime number which is the factor of 4603.)
- 4603 is the prime number which has factors 1 and 4603.
- And hence, 4603 is the prime number.
Multiple Choice Questions:
1) 4603 is a
a) odd number
b) Prime number
c) Composite number
d) Both a and b
Ans: d) both a and b
2) The prime factors of a prime number 4603 are
c) Both a and b
Ans: b) 4603
3) 1 is the not prime factor of 4603 because
a) It is the prime number
b) 1 is neither prime nor composite number
c) Both a and b
d) Given statement is false
Ans: b) 1 is neither prime nor composite number