ML Aggarwal CBSE Solutions Class 7 Math 13th Chapter Perimeter and Area Exercise 13.1
(1) ABCD is a square of side 24 cm. EF is parallel to BC and AE = 15 cm. By how much does
(i) the perimeter of AEFD exceed the perimeter of EBCF?
(ii) thew area of AEFD exceed the area of EBCF?
(2) Nagma runs around a rectangular park 180 m long and 120 m wide at the rate of 7.5 km/hour. In how much time will she complete five rounds?
(3) The area of a rectangular is 540 meter square. If its length is 27 m, find its breadth and perimeter.
(4) The perimeter of a rectangular field is 151 m. If its breadth is 32 m, find its length and area.
(5) The area of a rectangular is 340 meter square and its breadth is 17 m. Find the cost of surrounding the plot with a fence at Rs. 5.70 per metre.
(6) The area of a square park is the same as that of a rectangular park. If the side of the square park is 60 m and the length of the rectangular park is 90 m, find the breadth of the rectangular park.
(7) A wire is in the shape of a rectangle. Its length is 40 cm and breadth is 22 cm. If the same wire is rebent in the shape of a square, what will be the measure of each side? Also find which shape encloses more area and by how much?
(8) A door of breadth 1 m and height 2 m is fitted in a wall . The length of the wall 4.5 m and height is 3.6 m. Find the cost of white washing the wall, if the rate of white washing the wall is Rs. 20 per meter square.
(9) A rectangular park is 45 m long and 30 m wide. A path 2.5 m wide is constructed outside the park. Find the area of the path.
(10) a carpet of size 5 m x 2 m has 25 cm wide nred border. The inner part of the carpet is blue in colour. Find the area of the blue portion. What is the ratio of the areas of red portion to blue portion?
(11) A verandha of width 2.25 m is constructed all along outside a room which is 5.5 m long and 4 m wide. Find:
(i) the area of the verandah.
(ii) the cost of cementing the floor of the verandah at the aret of Rs. 200 per meter square.
(12) Two cross roads, each of width 5 m, run at right angles through the centre of a rectangular park of length 70 m and breadth 45 m and parallel to its sides. Find the area of the roads. Also find the cost of constructing the roads at the rate of Rs. 105 per meter square.
(13) A rectangular room is 10 m long and 7.5 m wide. Find the cost of covering the floor with carpet 1.25 m wide at Rs. 250 per metre.
(14) Find the cost of flooring a room 6.5 m by 5 m with square tiles of side 25 cm at the rate of Rs. 9.40 per tile.
(15) The floor of a room is in the shape of a square of side 4.8 m. Find the cost of covering the floor if each tile costs Rs. 27.
(16) A rectangular plot of land is 50 m wide. The cost of fencing the plot at the rate of Rs. 18 per metre is Rs. 4680. Find
(i) the length of the plot
(ii) the cost of leaving the plot the plot at the rate of Rs. 7.6 per meter square.