Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 1 Tracing Changes Through a Thousand Years Important Questions for CBSE / NCERT Board.
Type of questions :
2) VSA (1 Marks)
3) SA I (2 Marks)
4) SA II (3 Marks)
5) LA (5 Marks)
Very Short Answer (VSA) Important Questions Mark-1
(1) Who is a cartographer?
A: A person who makes map is called a cartographer.
(2) Who is Al idrisi?
A: an Arab geographer.
(3) Where is kannauj situated?
A: in Uttar Pradesh.
(4) Which Mughal emperor used Hindustan to describe the geography of India?
(5) Who used the word Hind?
(6) Who were considered as foreigner in the Medieval period?
A: any strangers who appeared in a given village for some people who are not a part of the society or culture where called foreigners in the mediaeval period.
(7) Who collected manuscripts?
A: manuscripts were collected by wealthy people, rulers, monasteries and temples.
(8) Where were the manuscripts placed?
A: the manuscripts were placed in the libraries and archives.
(9) There were printing press in those time. True or false?
A: false. There were no printing press in those time.
(10) In which year Ziauddinbaraniwrote his first chronicle?
A: in the year 1356.
(11) Persian wheel was used in?
(12) What where the new foods and beverages in the subcontinent?
A: potatoes corn chillies tea and coffee.
(13) The name of the rajput was derived from ______.
(14) What does rajputana mean?
A:rajputana means the son of a ruler
(15) Who were the kayasthas?
A: David a caste of scribes and secretaries.
(16) What is habitat?
A:habitat refers to the environment of a region and the social and economic lifestyle of its residents.
(17) Who regulated and enforced the regulations of Jati?
A: an assembly of elders (jati panchayat)
(18) Which region was called as gauda?
(19) Who said that Sanskrit was an old language and “common people do not know it, only the brahmanas do”?
(20) In which century the mughals declined?
A: 18th century.
(21) Who where called patrons?
A:patron was and influential wealthy individual who supports another person-and artist or craftsperson, a craftsmanor a learnt man or a noble.
(22) In which century the holy Quran was introduced in India?
A: 7th century.
(23) Who were called the Ulama?
A: they were learned theology and Jurists.
Short Answer (SA) Important Questions Marks-2
(1) What was the history behind the name India?
A: By the term Hindustan, today we understand as India, the modern Nation state. The term was first used in the 13th century by a Persian scholar. He meant the areas of Punjab haryana and the land between the ganga and the yamuna. Amir khusrauused the term Hind in the 14th century to describe the geographical and cultural entity named India.
(2) Who were called foreigners?
A: the term foreigner is used today to mean someone who is not an Indian. But in the media will period foreigner was any stranger who appeared say in a given village, someone who was not a part of the society or culture.
(3) What are the sources of our ancient history?
A: coins, inscriptions, architecture and textual records are the main sources of our ancient history.
(4) What is archive?
A: archive is a place where documents and manuscripts are stored. Today all national and state governments have archives where they keep all their old official records and transactions.
(5) What where the various technologies that appeared in the mediaeval period in India?
A: new technologies such as the Persian wheel in irrigation, the spinning wheel in weaving, and firearms in combat appeared in the mediavsl period in India.
(6) What where the effects of the clearing of forests in the mediaval period?
A: throughout the mediaval period there was a gradual cleaning of the forests and the extension of agriculture. This cost the change of habitat of many forest dwellers.they migrated from one place to another. New peasant groups started to form.
(7) What is the expansion of the kingdom of ghiyasuddinbalban?
A: his empire was extended from Bengal in the east to ghazni in Afghanistan in the west and included all of South India (Dravida).
(8) Which dynasty where able to build an empire that was pan regional?
A:cholas, khiljis, tughlaqsand the mughals were able to to build an empire that was pan regional.
(9) What was bhakti?
A: one of the major developments of the mediaval period was the emergence of the idea of bhakti-of a loving, personal lady that devotees code reach without the the aid of priests or elaborate rituals.
(10) What was the Quran? What where the teachings of Quran?
A: Quran is the holy book for the Muslims.
Quran accept the soverignity of one God, Allah, whose love, Mercy and bounty embrace all those who believe in him, without regard to social background.
(11) Who where the Shia and Sunni?
A: people who believe that prophet Muhammad’s son in law,Ali, was the legitimate leader of the Muslim community are called Shia Muslims.
And people who accepted the authority of the early leaders (Khalifas) where called Sunni Muslims.
Long Answer (LA) Important Questions Marks-5
1) Write about the history of the name of our country India.
2) What are the sources for the historians to write about the history of India.
3) What were the importance of manuscripts and Chronicles. Write with suitable examples.
4) Write about the the great mobility during the mediaeval period.
5) How the societies of mediaeval period werr regulated?
6) Describe about various type of language of different regions in India.
7) What were the differences between old and new religion in India
8) Elaborate the thinking about time and historical periods of India by the historians.
9) What were the problems history and faced in using manuscripts?
10) How do history and divide the past into periods?
11) Write about the major development in religion during the mediaeval period.