CLAT Common Law Admission Test 2024
The complete form of CLAT is the Common Law Admission Test which is conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs. The Consortium of National Law Universities conducts this exam in pen and paper (offline) format. The CLAT 2024 exam date is 3 December 2023, the day when all aspirants will sit for the exam. In this article, you will get CLAT exam information, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, the application process, previous years’ question papers, answer keys, results, cut-offs, counseling, etc.
Important Events for CLAT Exam 2024
1 July, 2023
Last Date for receiving applications
|3 November, 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Exam Date||
3 December, 2023
CLAT exam Eligibility Criteria
The Consortium of National Law Universities has released particular CLAT exam eligibility criteria. This criterion is prescribed to select eligible and deserving candidates who truly have an interest in studying law. Candidates wishing to take admission to the UG and PG law courses. There are different eligibility criteria for undergraduate law programmes and different for postgraduate law programs. To know more about CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024, you must check the below information.
- The CLAT 2024 eligibility criteria for the UG programme is candidates must have finished class 12 with more than 45% marks. Additionally, they should have passed it from a recognized board or institution.
- If you are studying in 2023-24 for class 12, then also you can apply for the CLAT 2024 exam.
- Candidates must have a graduation-level degree in Law with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Those who come under ST and SC need to have more than 45% marks in their UG degree. This is the PG CLAT eligibility criteria for 2024.
- Candidates who have queries regarding the CLAT age limit and CLAT exam attempts, we want to inform you that there is no age limit for CLAT 2024. The CLAT 2024 exam number of attempts is also not available on the official page.
CLAT 2024 Exam pattern
Candidates applying for the CLAT 2024 exam should know the CLAT exam pattern which is a little bit changed this year. The CLAT exam pattern and syllabus will help you to understand the number of questions, marking scheme, test structure, and examination duration.
- According to the CLAT 2024 notification, the mode of examination will be pen-paper based means offline. There were a total of 150 questions in the CLAT question paper of the CLAT 2023 exam.
- But, it has been revised and there will be 120 questions in the CLAT 2024 exam.
- The subjects of UG and PG CLAT exams include English Languages, General knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Quantitative Techniques, and Logical Reasoning.
- All the questions of the test will be multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- The CLAT 2024 exam will be two hours and the exam medium will be English.
- If we discuss the CLAT marking scheme, then you will get +1 marks for each correct answer and -0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
There is not much difference between the previous year’s syllabus and the CLAT 2024 syllabus. Only the number of questions has been reduced in the revised CLAT exam pattern. English language, current affairs including general knowledge, legal reasoning, logical reasoning, and quantitative techniques are five sections of the CLAT syllabus. For more details, you can look at the following content.
CLAT Application process
Candidates who are eligible for the CLAT exam can download the CLAT application form 2024 on 1 July 2023. After filling out the CLAT registration form, you can fill out the application form on CLAT’s official website. Once the application form for this exam closes, you cannot edit any test centers and preferences in the form. So, you need to do this before closing the application form. Moreover, you can continue reading to learn more about the CLAT application process in 2024.
What is the process for filling out the CLAT application form?
- There are many steps that are included in the CLAT application process. Before knowing about this, candidates should be aware of the CLAT application form date.
- Once the application form is released, you can check this part to fill in your application form correctly.
- The first step in this process is CLAT registration. You need to enter your name, email ID, mobile number, and the rest of the details to register on CLAT’s official website.
- Then, you would be filling in other details related to yourself, academics, and a contact number. You also need to select the program that you will be studying i.e. UG or PG.
- You will required to enter preferred NLUs in order of priority. This way you get admission to the NLUs you want.
- The main step of the CLAT application process 2024 is to upload copies of your documents like certificates, photographs, and signatures.
- At the end, you can pay CLAT application fees depending on the category. Once you are done with this, you can consider your application form has been submitted.
CLAT Previous year’s question papers and mock test
The official website provides question papers for the CLAT exam to candidates. It is totally free of cost for everyone. You will understand the question pattern if you refer to the CLAT previous year’s question papers. The frequently asked questions are the best study material for candidates who are preparing for the CLAT examination. The CLAT mock test 2024 is nearly the same as the question papers of the CLAT. The mock test will help you to solve all the questions of the exam in a specific time. You will understand how to handle tricky problems by solving the CLAT 2024 mock test. These are the benefits of using mock tests in your preparation. Furthermore, we have provided links to all the question papers and mock tests below. We hope you will download the CLAT question paper PDF for better clarity and good marks.
CLAT Admit Card 2024
In the last week of November 2023, the authority will release the CLAT 2024 Admit Card for candidates who will be appearing for the CLAT exam. This is a very important document that will allow you to sit for the exam. As soon as you download the CLAT admit card 2024, we recommend you check your name, address, CLAT exam reporting, exam center, and other instructions given on it. In case of wrong information, you can inform the CLAT consortium for correction. If the details of you and your exam are all correct then you can proceed to take a printout.
Candidates should read the following information to download CLAT admit card 2024.
- Open the official website of the CLAT exam 2024. In front of you, a login page will be displayed.
- Then, you can enter your CLAT registration or application number and password.
- Also, if you want to update NLU’s preferences, you will have to submit your NLU’s preferences.
- The screen will show the CLAT admit card in PDF format. You can download the CLAT admit card PDF.
- After that, take a printout of it for future use.
CLAT Answer Key 2024
The exam authority will release CLAT 2024 Answer Keys after the examination. This will happen within 24 hours after the authority conducts the examination. Candidates will get the CLAT Answer Keys 2024 PDF on the official website of CLAT at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates can estimate their marks by using the answer key of the CLAT exam. If you find any wrong answer in the keys then you are allowed to raise an objection against it. The expert members will look into that objection and resolve it as soon as possible. To download the CLAT answer key, you need to follow some easy steps.
Below we have provided important instructions to download the CLAT 2024 Answer Key:
- Visit consortiumofnlus.ac.in which is the CLAT examination portal.
- Then, the CLAT master question paper and answer key links will be there so click on them.
- You can now see the answer key displayed on the screen.
- Click on the download button.
- Once you get the CLAT Answer Key PDF, you can calculate your answers as well as your marks.
CLAT Results 2024
Candidates will be able to check the results of CLAT 2024 in the second week of December. The official website will upload the results for candidates. You can easily download CLAT results 2024 by just providing your application number and date of birth. For the CLAT counseling, an invite list will be announced with the CLAT exam results. The authorities will provide you with results in the form of individual scorecards. When you receive your results don’t go for a printout. Before taking printouts, you must check if your details are correctly mentioned in the results or not. Following are the details mentioned in the CLAT 2024 result:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- Admission Category
- CLAT score
- CLAT AIR All India Rank
- CLAT CR Category Rank
CLAT Cut-off 2024
For admission to a National Law University, the minimum marks required are nothing but the CLAT 2024 cut-off. Each NLU has its own CLAT cut-off marks for candidates. There are many things like the number of seats offered by NLU, reservation policy, and the number of applicants that affect the CLAT cut-off of every NLU. If you successfully cross the cut-off, only then will you be able to confirm admission to a desired university. Along with the CLAT cut-off 2024 list PDF, we have also provided the previous year’s cut-off. So that you will know how much you scored in the present CLAT exam. The details of the cut-off include things like opening rank and closing rank which really matters for admission.
CLAT Counselling 2024
The CLAT 2024 counseling process is expected in the last week of December 2023. Before that, they will release the CLAT merit list 2024 which will be based on the scores of candidates. If a candidate’s name is there on the list, they can proceed with admission. Your admission process will go ahead with the allotted National Law Universities.
For all the National Law Universities, seat allotment will be released after each round to take part in the common admission process. The counseling fee for each candidate is also there. FOR general candidates, the CLAT counseling fee is Rs. 30,000.And, the counseling fee for ST and SC candidates will be around Rs. 20,000. You will get to pay the CLAT 2024 counseling fee while registering for the counseling process.
Counselling documents for CLAT
Candidates who are eligible for the CLAT counseling process 2024, need to carry some documents with them for this process. If you have no idea about the documents required for CLAT counseling, then you must check the below list. The documents we have listed below are important to complete the counseling process. So, check it out here.
- Marksheet of Class 10th for date of birth proof
- Marksheet of Class 12th for academic qualification
- CLAT application form printout
- CLAT Admit Card
- CLAT scorecard
- Domicile Certificate
- If applicable- Specially-abled certificate
- If applicable NRI certificate
- IF applicable Sponsored NRI certificate
Can I take the CLAT exam after the 12th?
Yes, if you are seeking UG Law admission, you need to appear for the CLAT exam after the 12th.
What is the release date for the CLAT Answer Key?
The Authority will conduct the CLAT exam and they will release the CLAT answer key 2024 after a few hours of examination.
Which courses are there after qualifying for the CLAT exam?
After cracking the CLAT exam, candidates will get admission to courses like BA LLB, BCom LLB, LLM, and BSc LLB.
Important Links for this page: