Volume of Cuboid
- Cuboid is the three-dimensional object which has 6 rectangular faces having length, breadth and height. Also, cuboid has 8 vertices or corners, 12 edges and 4 diagonals as shown in following figure.
- If the cuboid has equal length, breadth and height then it is called as the cube.
- The surface area of the cuboid is nothing but the sum of surface area of all its 6 rectangular surfaces.
Derivation for Volume of Cuboid:
- The total space occupied by the cuboid is called as the volume of the cuboid.
- Let us consider the cuboid of length l, breadth b and height h then the volume of cuboid is given by,
- Volume of cuboid = base area of cuboid * height of the cuboid
- But the base of the cuboid is the rectangular part having length l and breadth b.
- Then area of rectangular base of the cuboid is given by,
Base area of cuboid = l*b
Thus, the volume of cuboid = l*b*h
Thus, the volume of cuboid of length l, breadth b and height h is given by,
Volume of cuboid = l*b*h (Hence proved.)