Very Short Answer The Fun They Had
Very Short Question and Answer The Fun They Had NCERT Class 9 Chapter 1.
Very short type question & Answer: –
(1) Who is the writer of the story “The Fun They Had”?
Ans: – Isaac Asimov is the writer of “The Fun They Had”.
(2) Who is the central character of the story?
Ans: – Margie is the central character of the story.
(3) When did Margie start writing a dairy?
Ans: – Margie started writing a diary on the night of 17th May 2157.
(4) Who was the real owner of the old printed book?
Ans: – Grandfather of the children, Margie and Tommy was the real owner of the old printed book.
(5) What was the colour of the pages of the book, found by Tommy?
Ans: – The colour of the pages of the book was yellow.
(6) What is the meaning of “Crinkly”?
Ans: – Crinkly means something that is crushed.
(7) What does it mean by that words “that stood still”?
Ans: – It means that the words are printed on the pages and they cannot move.
(8) “Gee,”….”What a waste” – Who said this to whom?
Ans: – Tommy said these words to Margi.
(9) Why had Margie not read as many books as Tommy?
Ans: – Margie had not read as many books as Tommy had because Tommy was older to Margie.
(10) What was the prime topic of the book found by Tommy?
Ans: – The prime topic of the book was “School”.
(11) Write the meaning of attic.
Ans: – Attic – A place just below the roof, used as a storeroom.
(12) Write down the meaning of “scornful”.
Ans: – Scornful – Showing dislike for something
(13) What was the subject in which Margie was not performing well?
Ans: – Margie was not performing well n Geography.
(14) To whom was Margie sent to get the better result in Geography?
Ans: – Margie was sent to the country Inspector to get the better result in Geography.
(15) How did Margie have to write her homework and her test papers?
Ans: – Margie had to write her homework and her test papers in a punch code, which was a comuting language.
(16) Which part of her study was hated the most by Margie?
Ans: – Margie hated most the slot of her study where she had to submit her homework and test papers.
(17) What is “Punch Code”?
Ans: – “Punch Code” is a computing language.
(18) When did Margie learn “Punch Code”?
Ans: – Margie learnt “Punch Code” at the age of 6.
(19) Whose Mechanical teacher was taken away for nearly a month?
Ans: – Tommy mechanical teacher was taken away formally a month.
(20) What is the meaning of “regular teacher” here?
Ans: – Here, a machine teacher is referred a “regular teacher”.
(21) What kind of teacher their grandfather used to have at his time.
Ans: – Their grandfather used to have human teachers at his time.
(22) “A man isn’t little girls learned better if they learned at regular hours.”
Ans: – Margie’s mother said these words.
(24) What were the off days for Margie?
Ans: – Saturday and Sunday were the off days for Margie.