SEBA Board Solution Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 5 Ethics in IT
SEBA Board Solution Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 5 Ethics in IT full exercise Solution by Computer Sir. Here in this page we have provided SEBA – The Board Of Secondary Education, Assam Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 5 all Question Answer Solution.
SEBA Board Solution Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 5: Overview
|SEBA / Assam State Board|
Ethics in IT
Chapter : 5
Ethics in IT
1. Fill in the blanks :-
1) Directly copying text, word for word is called Plagiarism.
2) Hacking refers to attempts to gain information from otherwise undisclosed area.
3) Software Piracy refers to the unauthorized duplication of computer software.
2. Multiple Choice Questions :-
1) C in ICT stands for …………………………………………..
a) Communications b) Computer c) Control d) None of these
Ans: a) Communications
2) Making illegal copies of copyrighted software is called ………………………………….
a) Software piracy b) Browsing c) Collaboration d) Electronic distribution
Ans: a) Software piracy
3) Purchasing of only one licensed copy of a software and distributing / loading it onto multiple system is called ………………………………..
a) Softlifting b) Renting c) Hard disk loading d) Patent
Ans: c) Hard disk loading
3) Answer the following :-
1) What are the main functions related to information?
Ans :- The main functions related to information are input, storage, processing, output and feedback.
2) Define the term plagiarism
Ans :- Plagiarism is the act/method of robbing of other’s ideas or work and pretending/showing it as your own work. It includes text, media, and ideas etc. The copying of others work and republishing it without the permission of the other person/creator is to be termed as Plagiarism.
3) What is software piracy? What are its common forms?
Ans :- Software piracy means it is an act of stealing the software which means copying of software, distributing the software, modifying it or selling of software without taking the prior permission of the real owner which is legally secured .
4) Write down the major issues of security and integrity of information.
Ans :- The major issues of security and integrity of information are loss of revenue, loss of valuable data, loss of productivity, bankruptcy etc.
5) Name three types of law that can help restrict software piracy.
Ans :- The three types of laws that helps to protect the ownership rights from software piracy are copyright, patent, and trademarks.
6) An extended synonym for Information Communication Technology is ICT. So, how ICT differs from IT?
Ans :- The difference between ICT and IT are as follows :-
i) ICT :- ICT can be termed as the technologies that are used for communication process. Communication process is done with the help of different types of medias/technologies like broadcasting , audio/video, and transferring of data/files or by Telephonic . Nowadays ICT is widely made used in the field of education.
ii) IT :- It refers to the entire industry in which with the help computers, networking softwares and other equipments it tries to manage information. IT is a term which is widely used in the industry.
7) IT security today has become a major point of concern. What comes under IT security?
Ans :- IT security is a term that deals with the protection of hardware, software, network of an organization, from disaster or external attacks like hacking, virus etc.
8) Elaborate the term software ethics.
Ans :- Software ethics means it is set of rules and regulations that keeps an eye on the
individual or a group of people in respect of creation of software, sharing it, accessing it without seeking permission etc.
9) Explain the need of protecting intellectual property right.
Ans :- The person who creates the information is the actual owner of the information. And the owner has full right to protect his/her intellectual property. To protects one’s intellectual property rights one can get the information copyrighted, trademarks, or patented.
Dear Student, I appreciate your efforts and hard work that you all had put in. Thank you for being concerned with us and I wish you for your continued success.