SEBA Board Solution Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 2 Operating System & its importance
SEBA Board Solution Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 2 Operating System & its importance full exercise Solution by Computer Sir. Here in this page we have provided SEBA – The Board Of Secondary Education, Assam Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 2 all Question Answer Solution.
SEBA Board Solution Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 2: Overview
|SEBA / Assam State Board|
|Operating System & its importance|
Lesson No – 2
Operating System and Its Importance
1) Choose the correct option :-
a) Which of the following is an operating system ?
a) Windows b) Linux c) Unix d) All of these
b) Which Operating System is developed by CDAC, Chennai ?
a) Windows b) BOSS c) UNIX d) None of these
Ans: b) BOSS
c) Which OS has fixed deadlines ?
a) Distributed b) Real – time c) Interactive d) Batch Processing
Ans- b) Real – time
d) Name a multiuser of Mac OS.
a) MS-DOS b) BOSS c) Unix d) None of these
Ans: None of these
e) Name the version of MAC OS
a) Mojave b) High Sierra c) Sierra d) All of these
Ans: All of these
f) In which year was Windows OS released ?
a) 1980 b) 1985 c) 1983 d) 1987
2) Fill in the blanks :-
a) Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft Corporation.
b) An operating system is a program which acts as an interface between a user and the hardware.
c) The computer system decides which job should use the processor and for how long.
d) A computer System works with information.
e) Windows is an example Microsoft operating system.
f) Unix was originally developed in 1969 by a group of AT&T employees.
3) State True or False:-
- Microsoft Windows has 15 versions since the first release in 1985. False
- Linux is different from proprietary software like Windows which can only be modified by the company. True
- iOS is Apple’s mobile operating system. True
- The latest version of Android is Unnati. False
- Windows comes pre-loaded on most new PCs. True
- Mac OS is Apple’s mobile operating system. False
4) Short Answer Questions :-
1) What is an Operating System ?
Ans :- An operating system is a program which acts as an interface/link between a user and the (hardwares) computer resources and it helps to controls all parts of the computer system.
2) Mention the names of any two- operating system used in mobile phones.
Ans :- Android and iPhone Operating System (iOS) are the examples of the operating systems that are used in mobile phones.
3) When was the first version of Apple iOS released?
Ans :- The first version of Apple iOS was released on 29th July 2007.
4) What do you mean by multitasking?
Ans :- Multitasking is a process, where more than one tasks are been performed at a same time in the computer.
5) What is real-time operating system.
Ans :- In real-time OS, the jobs already have fixed time limit, and the user has to complete the job within the specified time limit.
6) What is time sharing and distributive operating system?
a) Time sharing :- It allows many computer users/programs to share the computer resources. It refers to where the computer resources are been shared with other programs in a very less allotted time. The time given is very less and every user/each has their own CPU and they are the sole owner of the CPU.
b) Distributive operating system :– This operating system shares it overloaded work to other servers at different loactions. It shares data and resources among its multiple servers to get maximum efficiency. Examples are Unix, Linux etc.
5) Long Answer Questions :-
1) Explain any four functions of Operating System?
Ans :- The four functions of Operating System are as follows:-
i) File management :- It manages the files, folders, directories of the computer system.
ii) Processor management :- Operating System decides/detects for which job the use of processor should be made and for how long. It allocates the processor to a process and de-allocates the processor when its not been required.
iii) Device management :- Device drivers helps operating system to communicate with the devices of the computer system. It keeps the track of all the devices like its processing and the time required. It adds/removes the device drivers smoothly without disturbing any program.
iv) Information management :- For the working of every system, information is required. Its work is to store, process and provide the information etc. Operating system performs the important task of handling the information.2. Explain any two-operating system used in mobile phone.
2) Explain any two-operating system used in mobile phone.
Ans :- Android and iOS (iPhone Operating System) are the examples of the operating system that are used in mobile phones.
3) Write a short note on Windows operating system.
Ans :- In the mid of 1980 ‘s, Windows operating system was created by Microsoft. There have been many different versions of Windows, but the most recent versions are Windows 10 (2015), Windows 8 (2012), Windows 7 (2009) and Windows Vista (2007). Windows comes pre-loaded on most all new PC’s. Hence it is the most popular and used operating system in the world.
4) Write a note on the operating systems created by Apple.
Ans :- The operating systems which are created by Apple are as follows :-
- i) Mac OS :- The older name of Mac OS was OS X is line of operating system created by Apple. Its comes already preloaded only on Macintosh computers or Macs. Some of the versions Mac OS are Mojave (which was released in 2018), High Sierra (2017), and Sierra (2016). In the global operating system, there are 10% of Mac users have their account. Apple Computers are more expensive. Due to its look and feel, many people gets impressed and preferably choose Mac OS over Windows.
- ii) iOS :- iOS stands for iPhone Operating System. It is Apple’s mobile operating system which was developed and distributed by Apple Inc. Only Apple devices like iPhones, iPads, iPods etc works on this operating system. On 29th July 2007, the very first version of Apple was released.
5) What is BOSS?
Ans :- BOSS is an operating system which was developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in Chennai. It was designed to achieve the benefit from the usage of Free and Open Source Software in India. BOSS GNU/ Linux is an Indian Linux that is taken from Debian operating system. the latest version 8.0 Unnati was released on 15th October 2019 .
6) Write a short note on Bill Gates.
Ans :- The real name of Bill Gates is William Henry Gates III who was born on 28th October 1955. He is an American businessman, software developer etc.. He is the founder of person of Microsoft Corporation. At Microsoft, in his career he hold the positions of chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), president and chief software creator. Microsoft Windows Operating System has 10 versions after its release in November 1985. Over 35 years later, Windows looks very different but somehow survived as per the time and most recently a shifted from keyboard and mouse to touch screens.
7) What is Interactive Operating System? Where is it used?
Ans :-Interactive Operating Systems are the computer systems which performs the task of communication between humans and computer. Most of the users have been grown up by using Macintosh or Windows computer operating systems (main examples of graphical interactive systems). Games and Simulators are examples interactive operating systems.
8) What are the two important features that must be taken care while maintaining a directory.
Ans :- The two important features that must be taken care while maintaining a directory are as followed :-
i) A user must have the freedom of applying the name of his choice/that he wish, without making any worries in respect to the same file names taken by other users.
ii) A user must have the full freedom of sharing his created files and must have the rights to access other users created files
Dear Student, I appreciate your efforts and hard work that you all had put in. Thank you for being concerned with us and I wish you for your continued success.