S. K. Gupta Anubhuti Gangal Class 2 Math Eighth Chapter Measurement Practice Page 146 Solution
Practice Page 146
(A) Circle the unit which you will use to measure each of the following.
(B) Solve the following problems.
(1) A bucket contains 15 L of water and another bucket contains 12L. Find the total amount of water in the two buckets.
Solution: (15 L + 12) L = 27 L
Ans: the total amount is 27 L.
(2) A cow gives 8 litres of milk every day. How much milk will she give in a week?
Solution: (7 × 8) L = 56 L
Ans: 56 L milk will the cow give in a week.
(3) A milk dairy sells 145 litres of milk every day. How much milk will it sell in 4 days?
Solution: (4 × 145) L = 580 L
Solution: In 4 days the dairy sells 580 L milk.
(4) A scooter covers 52 kilometers and a car 15 kilometers in one litre of petrol. Which covers more and by how much?
Solution: (52 km – 15 km) = 37 km
Ans: Scooter covers more 37 km than car.
(5) A bottle contained 400 mL of oil. The bottle fell and 75 mL of oil dropped on the ground. How much oil was left in the bottle?
Solution: (400 mL – 75 mL) = 325 mL
Ans: 325 mL oil was left in the bottle.
(6) A bucket can contain 18 litres of water. A tank is filled full by 9 such buckets. How much water does the full tank contain?
Solution: (9 × 18) L = 162 L
Ans: The full tank contains 162 L of water.