RS Aggarwal Vikash Aggarwal Class 4 Activity Book Composite Mathematics Activity Sheet 30 Solution
Activity Sheet – 30
Solve the following word problems:
(1) One dozen bananas cost Rs. 28. Find the cost of 296 dozen bananas.
(2) An aircraft can seat 654 passengers can be seated in 68 such aircraft?
(3) A stadium has 148 rows of seats with 76 seats in each row. How many seats are there in the stadium?
(4) In a school, there are 1589 students. If each student gave Rs. 85 for the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund, how much money did the school collect?
(5) 156 cricket balls can be packed in one carton. How many balls can be packed in 1680 such cartons?
(6) A taxi charges Rs. 850 upto 50km, Rs. 7 per km for the next 100 km and Rs. 4 per km for the distance above 150 km. How much fare would a person pay to travel 413 km?
(7) A wholesaler buys 268 crates of apples at Rs. 867 per c rate and sells them at Rs. 918 per crate. How much does he earn?
(8) On a certain flight the business class fare is Rs. 8376 and the economy class fare is Rs. 5249. What is the total fare collect ion if there are 28 passengers flying in business class and 96 flying in the economy class?