RS Aggarwal Vikash Aggarwal Class 4 Activity Book Composite Mathematics Activity Sheet 21 Solution
Activity Sheet – 21
Solve the following word problems:
(1) In a public library, there are 43817 books on Science and 36489 books on Language. Find the total number of books in the Library.
Solution: Total books in the library = (43817 + 36489) = 80306.
(2) Splendid Automobile Company Manufactures 66545 Platinum bikes, 23887 Clifford bikes, 7956 Synchro bikes and 17474 Fresher bikes every month. What is the total monthly production of the company?
Solution: Total monthly production of the company is 115862.
(3) The Production of a T.V. manufacturing Company was 75893 in 2008. This was 8798 units less than the Production in 2007. What was the production of the Company in 2007?
Ans: The production of the company in 2007 is 67095 TV.
(4) The female population of village is 37496. The male population is 8867 more than the female population what is the total population of the village?
Ans: Total population of the village is 83859.
(5) 118647 Persons visited the Global Book fair on Saturday. On Sunday, the number of visitors was 85868 more than that on Saturday. Find the total number.
Ans: The total number of person is 323162.
(6) Ravis income during the year 2006 was Rs. 265668. In the year 2007, his income increased by Rs. 48759 and in 2008, it again increased by Rs. 36486. How much did he earn during these three years?