RS Aggarwal Class 8 Math Thirteenth Chapter Time and Work Exercise 13B Solution
Tick (√) the correct answer in each of the following:
(1) A alone can do a piece of work in 10 days and B alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days will A and B together do the same work?
Ans: (b) 6 days
(2) A man can do a piece of work in 5 days. He and his son working together can finish it in 3 days. In how many days the son do it alone?
Ans: (c) 7(1/2) days
(3) A can do a job in 16 days and B can do the same job in 12 days. With the help of C, they can finish the job in 6 days only. Then, C alone can finish it in
Ans: (d) 48 days
(4) To complete a work, A takes 50% more time than B. If together they take 18 days to complete the work, how much time shall B take to do it?
Ans: (a) 30 days
(5) A works twice as fast as B. If both of them can together finish a piece of work in 12 days, then B alone can do it in
Ans: (c) 36 days
(6) A alone can finish a piece of work in 10 days which B alone can do in 15 days. If they work together and finish it, then out of total wages of Rs 3000, A will get
Ans: (c) Rs 1800
(7) The rates of working of A and B are in the ratio 3 : 4. The number of days taken by them to finish the work are in the ratio
Ans: (c) 4 : 3
(8) A and B together can do a piece of work in 12 days; B and C can do it in 20 days while C and A can do it in 15 days. A, B and C all working together can do it in
Ans: (c) 10 days
(9) 3 men or 5 women can do a work in 12 days. How long will 6 men and 5 women take to do it?
Ans: (c) 4 days
(10) A can do a piece of work in 15 days. B is 50% more efficient than A. B can finish it in
Ans: (a) 10 days
(11) A does 20% less work than B. If A can finish a piece of work in 7(1/2) hours, then B can finish it in
Ans: (c) 6 hours
(12) A can do a piece of work in 20 days which B alone can do in 12 days. B worked at it for 9 days. A can finish the remaining work in
Ans: (b) 5 days
(13) A can do a piece of work in 25 days, which B alone can do in 20 days. A started the work and was joined by B after 10 days. The work lasted for
Ans: (c) 16(2/3) days
(14) Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 minutes and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously, then the tank will be filled in
Ans: (b) 12 minutes
(15) A tap can fill a cistern in 8 hours and another tap can empty the full cistern in 16 hours. If both the taps are open, the tome taken to fill cistern is
Ans: (c) 16 hours
(16) A pump can fill a tank in 2 hours. Due to a leak in the tank it takes 2(1/3) hours to fill the tank. The leak can empty the full tank in
Ans: (d) 14 hours
(17) Two pipes can fill a tank in 10 hours and 12 hours respectively, while a third pipe empties the full tank in 20 hours. If all the three pipes operate simultaneously, in how much time will the tank be full?
Ans: (b) 7 hrs 30 min
2 CommentsAdd a Comment
Hi this helps me to much
Hi thank you so much this helps me
So much this is very helpful for me