RS Aggarwal Class 8 Math Tenth Chapter Profit and Loss Exercise 10C Solution
(1) The list price of a refrigerator is Rs 14650. If 6% is charged as sales tax, find the cost of the refrigerator.
Solution: Cost of refrigerator = Rs 14650
ST = 6% of Rs 14650
(2) Reena bought the following articles from a general store:
Calculate the total amount to be paid by Reena.
Ans: The total amount = Rs (265 + 650 + 473 + 1269)= Rs 2657
(3) Tanvy bought a watch for Rs 1980 including VAT at 10%. Find the original price of the watch.
(4) Mohit bought a shirt for Rs 1337.50 including VAT at 7%. Find the original price of the shirt.
(5) Karuna bought 10g of gold for Rs 15756 including VAT at 1%. What is the rate of gold per 10 g?
(6) Mohini purchased a computer for Rs 37960 including VAT at 4%. What is the original price of the computer?
(7) Sajal purchased some car parts for Rs 20776 including VAT at 12%. What is the original cost of these spare parts?
(8) The sale price of a TV set including VAT is Rs 27000. If the VAT is charged at 8% of the list price, what is the list price of the TV set?
(9) Rohit purchased a pair of shoes for Rs 882 inclusive of VAT. If the original price of VCR be Rs 840, find the rate of VAT.
(10) Malti bought a VCR for Rs 19980 including VAT. If the original price of VCR be Rs 18500, find the rate of VAT.
(11) The value of a car including VAT is Rs 382500. If the basic price of the car be Rs 340000, find the rate of vat on cars.