RS Aggarwal Class 8 Math First Chapter Rational Numbers Exercise 1G Solution
(1) From a rope 11 m long, two pieces of lengths 2 (3/5) m and 3 (3/10) m are cut off. What is the length of the remaining rope?
(2) A drum full of rice weighs 40 (1/6) kg. If the empty drum weighs 13 (3/4) kg, find the weight of rice in the drum.
(3) a basket contains three types of fruits weighing 19 1/3 kg in all. If 8 1/9 kg of these be apples, 31/6 kg be oranges and the rest pears, what is the weight of the pears in the basket?
(4) On one day a rickshaw puller earned Rs 160. Out of his earnings he spent Rs 26 (3/5) on tea and snacks, Rs 50 (1/2) on food and Rs 16 (2/5) on repairs of the rickshaw. How much did he save on that day?
(5) Find the cost of 3 (2/5) metres of cloth at Rs 63 (3/4) per metre.
(6) A car is moving at an average speed of 60 (2/5) km/hr. How much distance will it cover in 6 (1/4) hours?
(7) Find the area of a rectangular park which is 36 (3/5) m iong and 16 (2/3) m broad.
(8) Find the area of a square plot of land whose each side measures 8 (1/2) metres.
(9) One litres of petrol costs Rs 63 (3/4). What is the cost of 34 litres of petrol?
(10) An aeroplane covers 1020 km in an hour. How much distance will it cover in 4 (1/6) hours?
(11) The cost of 3 (1/2) metres of cloth is Rs 166 (1/4). What is the cost of one metre of cloth?
(12) A cord of length 71 (1/2) m has been cut into 26 pieces of equal length. What is the length. What is the length of each piece?
(13) The area of a room is 65 (1/4) m2. If its breadth is 5 (7/16) metres, what is its length?
(14) The product of two fractions is 9 3/5. If one of the fractions is 9 (3/7), find the other.
(15) In a school, 5/8 of the students are boys. If there are 240 girls, find the number of boys in the school.
(16) After reading 7/9 of a book, 440 pages are left. How many pages are there in the book?
(17) Rita had Rs 300. She spent 1/3 of her money on notebooks and 1/4 of the remainder on stationary items. How much money is left with her?
(18) Amit earns Rs 32000 per month. He spends 1/4 of his income on food; 3/10 of the remainder on house rent and 5/21 of the remainder on the education of children. How much money is still left with him?
(19) If 3/5 of a number exceeds its 2/7 by 44, find the number.
(20) At a cricket test match 2/7 of the spectators were in a covered place while 15000 were in open. Find the total number of spectators.
9 CommentsAdd a Comment
it is an amazing web site ,i love it
thanks for posting this web site
Thanks very much I got much help by this web site thank you thank you so much
12 no. Is worng
Pagal ha ka
You can use short formula for 13 no. 12 no. Is right
There is a mistake in 16 no. Question
Thank you very much for your help this website is very useful. I understand questions clearly with this website.
All Answers are correct.thanks for it.
Your link is wonderful