RS Aggarwal Class 8 Math Eighteenth Chapter Area of a Trapezium and a Polygon Exercise 18C Solution
Tick (√) the correct answer in each of the following:
(1) The parallel sides of a trapezium measure 14 cm and 18 cm and the distance between them is 9 cm. The area of the trapezium is
Ans: (b) 144 cm2
(2) The lengths of the parallel sides of trapezium are 19 cm and 13 cm and its area is 128 cm2. The distance between the parallel sides is
Ans: (c) 8 cm
Solution: Let the distance be x cm.
(3) The parallel sides of a trapezium are in the ratio 3 : 4 and the perpendicular distance between them is 12 cm. If the area of the trapezium is 630 cm2, then its shorter of the parallel sides is
Ans: (a) 45 cm
Solution: Let the length of the parallel sides are 3x cm and 4x cm.
Hence, the lengths of the parallel sides are 45 cm and 60 cm.
Then, a shorter parallel side is 45 cm.
(4) The area of a trapezium is 180 cm2 and its height is 9 cm. If one the parallel side is longer than the other by 6 cm, the length of the longer of the parallel sides is
Ans: (b) 23 cm
Solution: Let the lengths of the parallel sides are x cm and (x + 6) cm.
Then, the longer side is (17+6) = 23 cm
(5) In the given figure, AB ∥ DC and DA ⊥ AB. If DC = 7 cm, BC = 10 cm, AB = 13 cm and CL ⊥ AB, the area of trap. ABCD is
Ans: (c) 80 cm2