PSEB Punjab Board Class 9 Computer Science Textbook Solution Chapter 7 E-Governance Exercise Questions and Answers
Lesson No 7 – E – Governance
Q1) Multiple Choice Questions :-
1) Which is/are the levels of E-Governance
a) National Level b) State level c) Local level d) All of the above
Answer- d) All of the above
2) Which of the following is not a pillar of E-Governance
a) Capital b) Knowledge c) Delay in Work d) Connectivity
Answer- c) Delay in Work
3) E-Governance services can be shared between Government and …………
a) Citizen b) Government c) Businessmen d) All of these
Answer- d) All of these
4) ……………………….. model of e-governance refers to the government services which are shared by citizens.
a) G2B b) G2E c) G2G d) G2C
Answer- d) G2C
5) E-governance services of National level are provided by ………………………..
Government of India.
a) Local b) State c) National d) All of these
Answer- c) National
Q2) Write the Full forms of the following :-
1) G2C :- Government to citizens
2) G2G :- Government to Government
3) G2E :- Government to employees
4) G2B :- Government to businessman
5) IRCTC :- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
Q3) Short Answer Type Questions :-
1) Define Good Governance
Ans :- Good Governance means it is the method of implementing and making
decisions in the best manner but without making use of any ICT (Information
2) What are the different levels of E-Governance
Ans :- The different levels of E-Governance Local level, State level, and National level.
3) Write the name of Four Pillars of E-Governance.
Ans :- Connectivity, Knowledge, Data Content and Capital are the four pillars of EGovernance.
4) Differentiate between Governance Vs E-Governance.
Ans :- The difference between Governance v and E-Governance are as followed :-
a) Governance :- Governance means it is the method of implementing and making
decisions in the best manner but without making use of any ICT (Information
Communication Technology). It is the process of one way communication.
b) E-Governance :- E-Governance makes the use of ICT (Information
Communication Technology) for providing the good quality of information in the
form of services to the public. It is a two way communication.
5) Write about the G2C model of E-Governance.
Ans :- The G2C model of E-Governance means the government provides the services
to the citizens. In this model, the citizens access/makes use of various types of
services which are provided by the government, by visiting the official web portal of
the government. This model helps in building a strong relationship between the
citizen and the government.
Q4) Long Answer type Questions :-
1) Write the main characteristics of Good Governance.
Ans :- The main characteristics of Good Governance are as follows :-
- If there arises consequences/effects against the decision taken, then as being
the good governance, the government should be answerable to the decision
- As the result of a good governance, government actions/ work should be
transparent which means it must be made visible to the people about the
decisions as why the decision was taken, and how it was taken etc.
- In the good governance, government should not work by violating rules or laws.
They should obey the laws.
- In the good governance, the government must be much responsive towards the
people/community in the terms of serving and satisfying the required needs of
the community from time to time.
- Good governance means implement the decision after following required
process and makes the proper use of the available resources for the people and
produce the output which meets the need of the society.
- If any person is been affected or interested in the taking the decision, then a
good governance allows that person to take part in framing decisions. Such
participation can be done by sending some information with the community
members, asking the community members for their opinions, views etc, which
becomes the actual part of the decision making process.
2) What is E-Governance. Explain the four models of E-Governance.
Ans :- E-Governance makes the use of ICT (Information Communication
Technology) for providing the good quality of information in the form of services to
the public. It is a two way communication. With the help of E-Governance, the
government provides many different facilities /services online to the public/citizens.
In the E-Governance the government works in such manner that work more
transparent or efficient towards citizens. The working pattern of the government
decides that the government will succeed or fail, following are some factors :-
- The pattern of government working
- There should be much transparency in the working of government and in the
information that is provided to the citizens.
- The government must try to do communicate with its citizens time to time.
The models of E-Governance are explained in detail with the help of picture :-
1. Government to Citizen (G2C) :- The G2C model of E-Governance means the
government provides the services to the citizens. In this model, the citizens
access/makes use of various types of services which are provided by the
government, by visiting the official web portal of the government. This model
helps in building a strong relationship between the citizen and the government.
This model provides the services to its citizens are :-
- Citizens can make bill payments online such as electricity, telephone, water etc.
- Citizens can make online application for the registration of different
licenses, passport etc.
- Citizens can access the copy of the land documents any time and anywhere.
- Citizens can register/file their online complaints to the respective
- There can be availability of any kind of information.
2. Government to Businessmen (G2B) :- This model helps the businessmen to
maintain a good contact with the government which helps to maintain a strong
relation with each other.
The services which are been provided by this model are :-
- The taxes can be collected
- Patents can be accepted or rejected
- The bills or any penalties charges against it can be paid.
- The rules and regulations and information related to business can be
- Businessmen can file any type of complaints if they are dissatisfied with any
of the service.
3. Government to Employees (G2E) :- In this model the employees can have a
very clear check towards the working of the government and government
towards the employees. Such type of cross checking creates the transparency in
between the both’s functionalities.
This model provides the various services are
- Employees can submit the different kinds of data like attendance or
employees record from the government offices.
- If any employees are not satisfied with the government’s services, then they
can file complaint.
- If there is any new rules and regulations or information laid down by the
government then they can easily access it.
- Employees can check their duty record/work record along with their
- If any employee wants to send any kind of application anywhere, the that
employee can easily send it.
4. Government to Government (G2G) :- In this type of model governments shares
the resources or services to the government i.e means various information is
been shared to the different departments, organizations, agencies etc.
Following are the services or information which are shared by and to the
- Different types of information is been shared between the police
departments of different states.
- E-governance is also used for exchanging of governmental documents such
as preparation, approval, distributing and storing them.
- This model also performs some tasks related to the managing of financial
budget and activities.
3) Make a list of various services provided at National level of E-Governance.
Ans :- The list of various services which are provide at National level of E-Governance
are as followed :-
Banking services, Aadhar services, Passport services, Immigration and Visa services,
Voter card services, PAN Card services, Digital India initiative, National Portal of
India, Conducting of various online Entrance Tests by National Testing Agency (NTA).
4) What are the E-Governance Services in the Urban Area.
Ans :- The services which are provided by the E-Governance in the Urban areas are
Billing and collection of House Assessment Taxes, maintaining the records of land
and property such as permission of sale of land, legal heir of the land/property
certificate, allotment of passport verification certificate, allotment of birth and death
certificate, computerized registration and attorneys of documents at the subregistrar offices, allotment of certificates of orders in report of social security
schemes for the public such as old age pensions, widow pension, freedom fighter
pension etc, site plans review and approval authority.
Dear Student, I appreciate your efforts and hard work that you all had put in. Thank you for being concerned with us and I wish you for your continued success.
For more update, follow this page ⇒ PSEB Notes and Solutions