What is Photosynthesis ?
(photo – light , synthesis – to combine)The Photosynthesis is the process in which one energy which is in the form of light gets convert into another energy i.e in the form of chemical . On the other hand photosynthesis is also known as the process in which carbon dioxide and water gets combine in the presence of sunlight to form sugar (glucose) and oxygen.
Photosynthesis takes place :
Photosynthesis takes place in the leaves of the plants , trees ,bushes , herbs ,algae ,etc .Leaves is know as food maker of plants as photosynthesis takes place in it . Plants other green parts are also a participant in the process of photosynthesis i.e stem , branches , etc.
Process of photosynthesis :
1) The leaves get food with the help of roots present downward side of plant in soil . Roots supply water and minerals to leaves which is used by leaves in the process of photo synthesis .
2)The small pores like whole present on leaves called stomata , which is guards by guard cells which absorb the carbon dioxide present in the air .
3)The green colour of leaves is responsible because of green pigment present in leaves called chlorophyll. The chlorophyll capture the light energy from sunlight ,As sun is the most supreme source of energy .
4)The carbon dioxide and water gets combine and by using sunlight which is gain from sun will gets change into glucose and oxygen .
Carbon dioxide + Water (Sunlight) > Glucose + Oxygen
Importance of photosynthesis:
Photosynthesis is the most important process takes place in our nature as we get food and oxygen by this process . Every living organism is directly or indirectly depend on plants n plants are depend on sunlight because of the process of photosynthesis . Without food living organism can’t survives and for the survival of living organism photosynthesis is must needed.
- Question based on topic Photosynthesis :
1) What is Photosynthesis ?
2) Where did the process of photosynthesis takes place?
3) What are the significance of photosynthesis?
4) Explain the process of photosynthesis?
5) Give an importance of the sunlight in the process of photosynthesis?