New Learning Composite Mathematics SK Gupta Anubhuti Gangal Class 7 Percentage and Its Applications Self Practice 8G Solution
(1) Find the profit or loss per cent.
(a) C.P. = Rs. 500, S.P. = Rs. 650
(b) C.P. = Rs. 900, S.P = Rs. 828
(c) C.P. = Rs. 325, overheads = Rs. 25, S.P = Rs. 490
(2) Find the S.P. of an article if its
(a) C.P. = Rs. 80, profit = 15%
(b) C.P = Rs. 950, loss = 8%
(c) C.P = Rs. 190.50, octroi = Rs. 20.50, transportation charges = Rs. 59, loss = 20%
(3) Find the C.P. if
(a) S.P. = Rs. 2380, profit = 19%
(b) S.P. = Rs. 510, loss = 15%
(4) A person buys a book for Rs. 200 and sells it for Rs. 225. What will be his gain per cent?
(5) A calculator is bought for Rs. 350 and sold at a gain of 15%. What is the selling price of calculator?
(6) By selling a cellphone for Rs. 2400 a shopkeeper makes a profit of 25%. What would be his profit percentage if he sells it for Rs. 2040?
(7) The owner of a cellphonecharges his customer 23% more than the cost price. Find the cost price, if a customer paid Rs. 7011 for his cellphone.
(8) By selling an article for Rs. 100, a man gains Rs. 15. Find his gain %.
(9) A trader sells an article and loses 12 and 1/2%. Find the ratio of cost price of the selling price.
(10) A person purchased 10 dozen pens at the rate of Rs. 40 per dozen. On checking, he found that 20 pens were not working. In order to earn 25% profit, at what price should he sell each pen?
(11) When a plot is sold for Rs. 18,700, owner loses 15%. At what price must the plot be sold in order to gain 15%?
(12) By selling a small plot for Rs. 80,000, I gain 25 per cent. What per cent will i lose if i sell it for Rs. 56,000?
(13) A man purchased a car for Rs. 1,35,000 and spent Rs. 25,000 on repairs. At what price was the car sold, if he suffered 10% loss on it?
(14) Sudhir earned a profit of 20% by selling 60 apples at the rateof Rs. 42.50 for 5 apples. Find the total cost at which the apples were bought.
(15) The cost price of 16 pens is equal to the selling price of 12 pens. Find the gain or loss percent?
(16) If the selling price of 4 articles is equal to the cost price of 5 articles. Find the profit percent?
(17) A fruit seller buys 700 oranges at the rate oof Rs. 500 for 100 oranges and another variety of 500 oranges at the rate of Rs. 700 for 100 oranges and sells them at Rs. 84 per dozen. Find the profit per cent.
(18) Some articles were bought at 6 for Rs. 5 and sold at 5 for Rs. 6. Find the gain per cent.
(19) an article is sold at a gain of 15%. Had it been sold for Rs. 27 more, the profit would have been 20%. Find the cost price of the article.
(20) A dealer sold two types of goods for Rs. 10,000 each. On one of them, he lost 20% and on the other, he gained 20%. Find his gain or loss per cent on the entire transaction.