NCERT Solutions Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Crop Production And Management
NCERT Solutions Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Crop Production And Management: National Council of Educational Research and Training Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Solutions – Crop Production And Management. NCERT Solutions Class 8 Science Chapter 1 PDF Download.
NCERT Solutions Class 8 Science Chapter 1: Overview
|Crop Production And Management|
NCERT Solutions Class 8 Science Chapter 1 – Crop Production And Management
CHAPTER: – 1
(CROP PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT)
1) Select the correct word from the following list and fill in the blanks. float, water, crop, nutrients, preparation
(a) The same kind of plants grown and cultivated on a large scale at a place is called ___crop_____.
(b) The first step before growing crops is___ preparation___ of the soil. (This preparation is very necessary for the production of any such crop in first steps)
(c) Damaged seeds would ____float_____on top of water. (As this distorted from the ground)
(d) For growing a crop, sufficient sunlight and _______and___nutrients________from the soil are essential. (This process is known as photosynthesis)
2) Match items in column A with those in column B.
|(a)Kharif crop||(e) Paddy and maize.|
|(b) Rabi crop||(d)Wheat, gram, pia|
|(c) Chemical fertilizer||(b)Urea and superphosphate|
|(d)Organic compound||(c) Animal excrete, cow dung, urine, plant waste|
3) Give two examples of each.
(a) Kharif crop
Ans: – The kharif crop is produced in the monsoon season according to Indian calendar. The crop like paddy, maize is being produced.
(b) Rabi crop
Ans: – Rabi crop is produced in the winter season for example wheat, gram is being produced as rabi crop in the last season of year.
4) Write a paragraph in your own words on each of the following.
(a) Preparation of soil
Ans: – For starting of any new crop or growing of a new crop in a field we must prepare the soil for the better arrangements of the root which also known as ploughing of field.
Ans: – Showing is a process in which the seeds are placed in the soil or the seeds are planted in a distinct manner in a field some may according to distance. Showing should taken carefully.
Ans: – As we have seen in the field that unnecessary plant is grown in the field which affect the growing of the main crop is known as weeding.
Ans: – The threshing is the process by which the food grain is come out from the crop seed by applying pressure. In this way the various food items like paddy, mustard grain is collected.
5)Explain how fertilisers are different from manure.
|These types of substance are made from the nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus etc.||The plants decomposed is used in the manure.|
|Soil fertility is affected by this uses sometimes.||Soil fertility improve because of manure.|
6) What is irrigation? Describe two methods of irrigation which conserve water.
Ans: – The irrigation is a process by which the water is transfer to the soil or the crop field with the using various process. For example
Canal: – The waters source like rivers from which a canal is drawn for the watering of field.
Sprinkling system: – In this process we use a pipe from the main pipe which connected to a river or reservoir for the water transferring.
7) If wheat is sown in the kharif season, what would happen? Discuss.
Ans: – The wheat is a Rabi crop which shown in the winter season naturally for the better production. So, when this will show in kharif season then the productivity of the wheat will be hampered like the outcome will less.
8) Explain how soil gets affected by the continuous plantation of crops in a field.
Ans: – Continuous plantation in a field affected the fertility of the soil. As day by day the uses of different fertilizer is increasing which affect the soil fertility so we must transfer to manure for better production.
9) What are weeds? How can we control them?
Ans: – As we have seen in the field that unnecessary plant is grown in the field which affect the growing of the main crop is known as weeding. The different fertilizer must be added in the field for the removing this unwanted substance.
10) Arrange the following boxes in proper order to make a flow chart of sugarcane crop production.
11) Complete the following word puzzle with the help of clues given below.
- Providing water to the crops.
- Keeping crop grains for a long time under proper conditions.
- Certain plants of the same kind grown on a large scale.
- A machine used for cutting the matured crop.
- A rabi crop that is also one of the pulses.
- A process of separating the grain from chaff.