NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 8 The Little Bully
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 8 The Little Bully: National Council of Educational Research and Training Class 5 English Chapter 8 Solutions – The Little Bully. NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 8 PDF Download.
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 8: Overview
|The Little Bully|
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 8 – The Little Bully
Reading is fun
(1) Why did all the children hate Hari? – (ii) Because he always pinched them.
(2) “Nobody took Hari’s hand. Nobody went near him. Nobody played with him.” This shows that Hari had – (iii) no friends.
Actions which would make a friendly person
– Respecting other people.
– Being helpful to everyone.
– Helping your classmates in school.
– Protecting a weaker person.
(1) Smile – scowl.
Happy – miserable.
Quiet – noisy.
Strong – weak.
Punish – reward.
(2) Hari was pinched till he was black and blue. ‘Black and blue’ means – (ii) there were bruises on his body.
(3) ‘I shan’t pinch anyone anymore’. Shan’t means – (iii) shall not.
(4) Give the full forms of
won’t – will not.
weren’t – were not.
wouldn’t – would not.
couldn’t – could not.
(5) badly, bravely, finally, happily, fully.
Clearly – I told him the truth clearly.
Merrily – He hugged his brother merrily.
Wearily – The old man was walking wearily.
Doubly – I will work doubly from tomorrow.
Drearily – Ravi was sitting drearily in the park.
Brightly – The sun is shining brightly.
Badly – He was talking to his neighbor badly.
Fondly – She fondly took the cat.
Fun with Sounds
Bruise – cruise.
Carriage – marriage.
Prawn – drawn.
Creatures – features.
Teachers – preachers.
Vowed – crowd.
Let’s Practise some Writing
(1) The seaside creatures like the crab and the lobster pinched Hari till he turned black and blue. Hari yelled in pain and when he got chance, he escaped from there. Then he realized how it hurts when he pinches someone. At last, he promised that he would not pinch or prick anybody.
(i) Hari was an unpopular boy.
(ii) The boys and girls went to the seaside for a picnic.
(iii) He saw a big crab coming towards him.
(iv) I found an empty bottle, floating in the water.
(v) The sea creatures ate his food.
Snake is a reptile animal. It does not have any hand or leg. There are various species of snakes all over the world. Some snakes are very poisonous. Cobra is a very dangerous snake.
(i) Mary is climbing up the slide.
(ii) Hari is kicking and boxing her.
(iii) little Bitoo is licking a lollipop.
(iv) Rita is sliding down the slide.