NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 10 Who will be Ningthou
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 10 Who will be Ningthou: National Council of Educational Research and Training Class 5 English Chapter 10 Solutions – Who will be Ningthou. NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 10 PDF Download.
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 10: Overview
|Who will be Ningthou?|
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 10 – Who will be Ningthou
Reading is fun
(1) The name of the place in Manipur where the Ningthou and Leima ruled was Kangleipak.
(2) The people of Kangleipak love their king and queen because they loved the people, the birds, the animals and the trees of their kingdom and also wanted to provide them peace.
(3) The Ningthou wanted to choose a future king because all of his sons had grown up and he was becoming old. So, he found it the suitable time to choose the future king.
(4) At first, the King declared a contest of a horse race to select the future king. But after when his three sons finished the race together then he asked them to show their skills upon which he could decide who could be selected for future king.
(5) Sanatombi was the daughter of the king. She was a lovely child, soft and beautiful inside. She was loved by all.
(6) Yes, one day I have seen an animal in pain. It was a cat which was deeply injured. I took him from the roadside and brought him to the nearest animal health centre.
Let’s listen and Talk
(1) Manipur is situated at the north-east part on the map of India.
Sanayaima, the one who jumped over the tree.
Sanayaima should have been made the future king because he did not harm the tree, only jumped over it.
Sanatombi was made the future queen because when all his brothers had shown their skills upon the tree and uprooted it, she looked sad for the tree that was dead and for the birds who flapped around the tree searching for their homes. This proved that she had sympathy to all. So, the king found her suitable to be the future queen.
Ningthou – king.
Leima – queen.
Meeyam – people.
Khongnang – tree.
Tunggi Ningthou – future king.
Thouro! Thouro! –Bravo! Bravo!
Phajei! Phajei! – Wonderful! Wonderful!
Shagolthaubanupa! – such fine horsemen!
Fun with sound words
Click!Sound of camera.
Chirp! Sound of bird.
Whisper! Speaking in low voice.
Bravo! Praising someone.
Oh! Expression of surprise and joy.
Ah! Expression of pain.
Hurrah! Expression if excitement.
Alas! Expressing sorrow.
Wonderful! Expression of happiness and wonderness.
Hi! Starting conversation with someone or greeting someone.
Ho! Seeking for attention.
Hop away! Jumping away.
Action words with -ed at the end
|Action words in present form|
(2) lived, met, leapt, ordered, obeyed, walked, moved, noticed, asked, replied, came, instructed, entered, thought, ran.
-ed action words
Live – lived
Order – ordered
Obey – obeyed
Walk – walked
Move – moved
Notice – noticed
Ask – asked
Reply – replied
Instruct – instructed
Enter – entered
Irregular action words
Meet – met
Leap – leapt
Come – came
Think – thought
Run – ran