NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Poem Ice cream Man
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Chapter 1 Poem – Ice cream Man all Question and Answers Solutions by English Teacher. NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Poem Ice cream Man.
NCERT Solutions Class 5 English Ice cream Man
Reading is fun
(1) In which season is ice cream popular?
Ans- Ice cream is popular in the season of Summer.
(2) Who feels joyful on seeing the Ice-cream Man?
Ans- Everyone especially the children feel joyful on seeing the Ice-cream man.
(3) Name the different flavours of ice cream the Ice-cream Man has in his cart.
Ans- The Ice-cream man has different flavours of ice cream like vanilla, chocolate and strawberry in his cart.
(4) What are the two things that the Ice-cream Man is selling?
Ans- The two things that the Ice-cream man is selling are ice creams and cold drinks.
(5) What is the ice-cream cart compared to in the poem?
Ans- The ice-cream cart mentioned here is compared to a flower bed in the poem.
(1) Write about some of the exciting and enjoyable things that one can do in the winter season.
wearing cool sweaters
drinking hot coffee
eating delicious fruits like oranges and strawberries
sitting near a fireplace
arranging a picnic with family or friends
having a bath with warm water
(2) List as many summer activities as you can.
swimming, playing chess, flying a kite, reading story books, fishing, making delicious food items.
(3) Now group these activities into indoor and outdoor activities.
reading story books
|flying a kite
|making delicious food items
(1) Listen and tell the sounds that these words in the poem produce.
cart – trundle.
drinks – fizz.
Can you make these sounds?
Ans:- Yes, I can make these sounds.
In case you are missed :- NCERT Solution for Teamwork
(2) What are some of the different sounds you hear when the Ice-cream Man comes?
Ans:- Different sounds that I hear when the Ice-cream Man comes are the loud voice of Ice-cream man and the sound of a bell ringing in his cart.
Write a report
Here is a report on different brands of ice creams-
Ice cream is almost an essential thing during summer especially among children. There are various brands of ice cream available in my area. Some popular brands of ice cream are Amul, Vadilal, Kwality Wall’s, Mother Dairy etc. Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry are the common flavours of ice cream in every brand. One of the popular ice creams of Kwality Wall’s is Magnum Ice Cream and it costs about 130 rupees. Amul’s Tricone Butterscotch Ice Cream is also popular and it comes under 40 rupees. Vadilal’s Gourmet Ice Cream is also favourite to all and it costs 50 rupees. According to me, the most popular ice cream in my area is Amul’s Tricone Butterscotch Ice Cream.
(1) rhyming words-
heat-street, blows-goes, hard-yard, label-table, sky-my, race-face, write-night.
(2) What do the following words describe in the poem?
Joyful – sight.
Little – cart.
Round – umbrella.
What are the describing words used in the poem for the following?
Cooling brown and white mounds
Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry flavour
(3) Have you ever eaten the ice cream from North India?
Ans:- Yes, I have eaten the ice cream from North India.
The following sentences describe how it is served but they are not in the correct order. Write the correct number before each sentence.
(2) He scoops out the kulfi on a plate.
(4) Then he pours some sweet syrup over it and serves it.
(1) The kulfiwala takes the kulfi mould out of the pitcher.
(3) He arranges some falooda around it.
In case you are missed :- NCERT Solution for My Shadow