NCERT Solutions Class 10 Health and Physical Education Chapter 3 Growth and Development During Adolescence
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Health and Physical Education Chapter 3 Growth and Development During Adolescence: National Council of Educational Research and Training Class 10 Health and Physical Education Chapter 3 Solutions – Growth and Development During Adolescence. NCERT Solutions Class 10 Health and Physical Education Chapter 3 PDF Download.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Health and Physical Education Chapter 3: Overview
|Subject||Health and Physical Education|
|Chapter Name||Growth and Development During Adolescence|
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Health and Physical Education Chapter 3 – Growth and Development During Adolescence
Q1) Fill in the Blanks :-
1) Childhood is a period of growth and development
2) Adolescence is a period of joy and challenges.
3) Five changes occurring in boys and girls during adolescence are increase in height and weight, change in voice, growth of hairs on private parts, development of breasts, broadening of hips.
Q2) Choose the Correct Option :-
1) Proper hygiene should be practiced during adolescence (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
2) Wet dream is a normal phenomenon. (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
3) Government is supporting schemes for promoting menstrual hygiene among adolescent girls. (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
4) The adolescents begin to extremely conscious of their physical appearance once secondary sexual characteristics begin to develop. (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
5) The adolescents begin to develop a strong sense of identity due to increased mental development. (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
6) Early pregnancy may end in damaged reproductive tract in girls. (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
7) Physical growth spurt during adolescence is embarrassing. (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
8) Change of voice in boys is a sign of adolescence. (Yes/ No/ Don’t know)
In case you are missed :- Previous Chapter Solution
Q3) Answer the following Questions :-
1) What are the health and educational implications of adolescent pregnancy?
Ans :- The health and educational implications of adolescent pregnancy are as followed:-
a) The adolescent mother should be mentally prepared for becoming
b) There is a risk of death at the time of giving a birth to the child (pregnancy), the adolescent mother must be prepared for
c) During giving the birth to a child, there can arise of different
d) If the pregnancy is done before its timing, the motherhood and the educational development can be disturbed.
2) Write down the process of the :-
i) Mid- arm circumferences :- The muscle in the mid-arm is known as the biceps. Now keep the measuring tape at the biceps middle (between shoulder and elbow joint). When you measure it, just record/take it down. Just observe the difference when you do this thing in group of
ii) Measurement of height :-
iii) Body mass index :- Body Mass Index (BMI) can be calculated by using the following formula (you are needed to divide weight by the heights square.
weight in (kg)
BMI = ———————–
- If incase you have measured your weight in kg, then height should be measured in meters.
- 18-25 is the range of normal BMI
- When the wright the more than 25 and less that 29, then is to treated as over weight.
- More than 30 is obsessed
iv) Tongue examination :- Tongue examination diagnoses the deficiency caused due to nutrition, infections, cancers etc. Physical examination determines the tongue examination in normal condition by some features are:-
a) Colour :– The blood vessels in the lower surface can be seen if the upper and lower surface has the colour pink.
b) Texture :– as there is a presence of taste buds, the upper surface of tongue has rough. Dysfunction symptoms are hairs, ulceration
c) Size :– The tongue will fit properly inside the mouth, if the tongue is not swollen. The examination of the tongue can be done on the following steps:-
- To inspect the ventral surface of the tongue, you need to make the tongue’s tip rough.
- Colour and texture can be seen when the tongue is protruded
- Hold the protruded tongue with an instrument wearing the gloves and fill the areas that comes between the tongue and the index finger
v) Examination in nail beds :- Just like the tongue examination, the nail examination requires direct physical examination. The discolorations, nail shape, nail fold etc requires inspection. If incase, the nails are lost or lesions around the nails loose, then you have to consult a doctor and ask for medical
3) Write a short note on pharmacology.
Ans :- Pharmacology can be defined as the effects takes place due to consumption of drugs. The drugs that we use for curing the heals/wounds/injuries and preventing/curing diseases. These drugs are made up of chemicals.
- Effects of the pharmacology
a) The cell functions are
b) Blockage in the tissues
- Unwanted effects /side effects of pharmacology
a) Dangerous effects on tissue
b) Excess in bleeding, toxicity etc. can be the reasons due the usage of drugs as medicines
- Prevention from pharmacology
a) Do not buy the medicine without doctors consent prescription, doses in written form
b) Do not take over does of
In case you are missed :- Next Chapter Solution