NCERT Class 6 Math Seventh Chapter Fractions Exercise 7.1 Solution
(1) Write the fraction representing the shaded portion.
(2) Colour the part according to the given fraction.
(3) Identify the error, if any.
Ans: Shaded portions do not represent the given fractions.
(4) What fraction of a day is 8 hours?
Ans: A day = 24 hours
(5) What fraction of an hour is 40 minutes?
Ans: An hour = 60 minutes
(6) Arya, Abhimanyu, and Vivek shared lunch. Arya has brought two sandwiches, one made of vegetable and one of jam. The other two boys forgot to bring their lunch. Arya agreed to share his sandwiches so that each person will have an equal share of each sandwich.
(a) How can Arya divide his sandwiches so that each person has an equal share?
Ans: Arya divided each sandwich into three equal parts, and give one part of each sandwich to each one of them.
(b) What part of a sandwich will each boy receive?
(7) Kanchan dyes dresses. She had to dye 30 dresses. She has so far finished 20 dresses. What fraction of dresses has she finished?
In case you are missed :- NCERT Solution for Integers Exercise 6.3
(8) Write the natural numbers from 2 to 12. What fraction of them are prime numbers?
(9) Write the natural numbers from 102 to 113. What fraction of them are prime numbers?
(10) What fraction of these circles have X’s in them?
(11) Kristin received a CD player for her birthday. She bought 3 CDs and received 5 others as gifts. What fraction of her total CDs did she buy and what fraction did she receive as gifts?
In case you are missed :- Next Chapter Exercise Solution