ML Aggarwal CBSE Solutions Class 7 Math 8th Chapter Percentage and its Application Exercise 8.3
(1) Rohan bought a calculator for Rs. 760 and sold it for Rs. 874. Find his profit and profit percentage.
(2) Kriti bought a saree for Rs. 2500 and sold it for Rs. 2300. Find her loss and loss percent.
SOLUTION Number 1 & 2:
(3) Tell what is profit or loss in the following transactions. Also find profit percent or loss percent in each case:
(i) Gardening shears bought for Rs. 250 and sold for Rs. 325.
(ii) A shirt bought for Rs. 250 and sold at Rs. 150
(4) Rajinder bought one almirah for Rs. 4800 and the other for Rs. 3640. He sold the first almirah at a gain of 40/3% and the other at a loss of 15%. hOW MUCH DID HE GAIN OR LOSE in the whole deal?
(5) In a furniture shop, 24 tables were bought at the rate of Rs. 450 per table. The shopkeeper sold 16 of them at the rate of Rs. 600 per table and the remaining at the rate of Rs. 400 per table. Find his gain or loss percent.
SOLUTION Number 3, 4 & 5:
(6) By selling a fan for Rs. 810, a dealer makes a profit of Rs. 60. What is the cost price of the fan? What is his profit percent?
(7) By selling a steel almirah for Rs. 3906, a manufacturer suffers a loss of Rs. 294. Find the cost price of the almirah and his loss percentage.
(8) The cost price of a flower vase is Rs 120. If the shopkeeper sells it at a loss of 10%, find the price at which it was sold.
(9) I buy a TV for Rs. 10,000 and sell it at a profit of 20% How much money do I get for it?
SOLUTION Number 6, 7, 8 & 9:
(10) A shopkeeper sells an article at Rs. 300, thus earning a profit of 20%. Find the cost price of the article.
(11) A shopkeeper sells an article at Rs. 320, thus suffering a loss of 20%. Find the cost price of the article.
(12) By selling a chair for Rs. 522, a shopkeeper makes a profit of 16%. What is its cost price?
SOLUTION Number 10, 11 & 12:
(13) A trader sold some damaged garment for Rs. 7360 at a loss of 8%. Find the cost price of the garments.
(14) By selling a table for Rs. 3168, Rashid loses 12%. Find its cost price. What percent would he gain or lose by selling the table for Rs. 3870?
(15) By selling an article for Rs. 4550, Tonny incurrs a loss of 9%. What percent would he gain or lose by selling it for Rs. 4825?
SOLUTION Number 13, 14 & 15: