Maharashtra Board Class 9 Math Part 2 Solution Chapter 7 – Coordinate Geometry
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 9 Math Part 2 Solution Chapter 7: Coordinate Geometry. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 9 get here Coordinate Geometry full Exercise Solution.
|Maharashtra Class 9|
Math Part 2 Solution
Practice Set – 7.1
(1) State in which quadrant or on which axis do the following points lie.
A (-3, 2) = Second Quadrant
B (-5, -2) = Third Quadrant
K (3.5, 1.5) = First Quadrant
D (2, 10) = First Quadrant
E (37, 35) = First Quadrant
F (15, -18) = Fourth Quadrant
G (3, -7) = Fourth Quadrant
H (0, -5) = Y-axis (negative)
M (12, 0) = X – axis
N (0, 9) = y – Axis
P (0, 2.5) = y – axis
Q (-7, -3) = Third Quadrant
(2) In which quadrant are the following points?
(i) Whose both co-ordinates are positive.
= (i) First Quadrant.
(ii) Whose both co-ordinates are negative.
= (ii) Third Quadrant.
(iii) Whose x co-ordinate is positive, and the y co-ordinate is negative.
= (iii) Fourth Quadrant.
(iv) Whose x co-ordinate is negative and y co-ordinate is positive.
= Second Quadrant.
(3) Draw the co-ordinate system on a plane and plot the following points.
L(-2, 4), M(5, 6), N(-3, -4), P(2, -3), Q(6, -5), S(7, 0), T(0, -5)
Practice Set – 7.2
(1) On a graph paper plot the points A (3,0), B(3,3), C(0,3). Join A, B and B, C. What is the figure formed?
(2) Write the equation of the line parallel to the Y-axis at a distance of 7 units from it to its left.
(3) Write the equation of the line parallel to the X-axis at a distance of 5 units from it and below the X-axis.
The equation is y = -5.
(4) The point Q (-3, -2) lies on a line parallel to the Y-axis. Write the equation of the line and draw its graph.
The equation is x = -3.
(5) X-axis and line x = -4 are parallel lines. What is the distance between them?
The distance between them is 4 units.
(6) Which of the equations given below have graphs parallel to the X-axis, and which ones have graphs parallel to the Y-axis?
(i) x = 3
(ii) y – 2 = 0
(iii) x + 6 = 0
(iv) y = -5
(i) Parallel to y – axis
(ii) parallel to x – axis
(iii) Parallel to y – axis
(iv) Parallel to x – axis
(7) On a graph paper, plot the points A (2, 3), B(6, -1) and C(0, 5). If those points are collinear then draw the line which includes them. Write the co-ordinates of the points at which the line intersects the X-axis and the Y-axis.
(8) Draw the graphs of the following equations on the same system of co-ordinates. Write the co-ordinates of their points of intersection.
x + 4 = 0, y – 1 =0, 2x + 3 = 0, 3y – 15 =0
Problem Set – 7
(1) Choose the correct alternative answer for the following questions.
(i) What is the form of co-ordinates of a point on the X-axis ?
(A) (b, b)
(B) (o, b)
(C) (a, o)
(D) (a, a)
(C) (a, o).
(ii) Any point on the line y = x is of the form…..
(A) (a, a)
(B) (o, a)
(C) (a, o)
(D) (a, – a)
(A) (a, a).
(iii) What is the equation of the X-axis?
(A) x = 0
(B) y = 0
(C) x + y = 0
(D) x = y
(B) y = 0.
(iv) In which quadrant does the point (-4, -3) lie?
(v) What is the nature of the line which includes the points (-5,5), (6,5), (-3,5), (0,5)?
(A) Passes through the origin
(B) Parallel to Y-axis
(C) Parallel to X-axis
(D) None of these
(C) Parallel to X-axis.
(vi) Which of the points P (-1,1), Q (3,-4), R(1,-1), S (-2,-3), T (-4,4) lie in the fourth quadrant ?
(A) P and T
(B) Q and R
(C) Only S
(D) P and R
(B) Q and R.
(2) Some points are shown in the figure 7.11.
With the help of it answer the following questions:
(i) Write the co-ordinates of the points Q and R.
Ans: Q (-2, 2) and R (4, -1)
(ii) Write the co-ordinates of the points T and M.
Ans: T (0, -1) and M (3, 0)
(iii) Which point lies in the third quadrant?
(iv) Which are the points whose x and y co-ordinates are equal?
(3) Without plotting the points on a graph, state in which quadrant or on which axis do the following point lie.
(i) (5, -3)
(ii) (-7, -12)
(iii) (-23, 4)
(iv) (-9, 5)
(v) (0, -3)
(vi) (-6, 0)
(4) Plot the following points on the one and the same co-ordinate system.
A (1, 3), B (-3, -1), C (1, -4),
D (-2, 3), E (0, -8), F (1, 0)
(5) In the graph alongside, line LM is parallel to the Y-axis. (Fig. 7.12)
(i) What is the distance of line LM from the Y-axis?
(ii) Write the co-ordinates of the points P, Q and R.
(iii) What is the difference between the x co-ordinates of the points L and M?
(i) 3 units
(ii) P (3, 2), Q (3, -1) & R (3, 0)
(6) How many lines are there which are parallel to X-axis and having a distance 5 units?
2 Lines, y = 5, y = -5.
(7) If ‘a’ is a real number, what is the distance between the Y-axis and the line x = a?