Maharashtra Board Class 6 History Solution Chapter 11 – Ancient India and the World
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 6 History Solution Chapter 11: Ancient India and the World. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 6 get here Ancient India and the World full Exercise Solution.
|Std||Maharashtra Class 6|
|Subject||History and Civics Solution|
|Chapter||Ancient India and the World|
(1) (1) Kolhapur, Tamil Nadu were the places where articles made in Rome were found.
(2) Gandhara school of art.
(3) Mahavansa and Deepvansa were both Buddhist texts.
(2) (1) In many other countries of Southeast Asia, small kingdoms established by people of Indian origin had emerged. These kingdoms helped of spread Indian culture in Southern Asia.
(2) In the first century CE, the Ming European of China invited the Buddhist bhikkhu Dharmarakshaka and Kashyapmatanga to china. The bhikkus translated many Indian Buddhist texts into the Chinese language. This gave impetus to the spread of Buddhism is china.
(5) (1) The Goudhara style of art:
Under the influence of Greek art of sculpture, the new form of art emerged in India during Kushana period. It is called the Gandhara School of art. In that school, images of Gautam Buddha were mainly carved. As these images were mostly found in the Gandhara region of Afghanistan, the style is called the ‘Gaudhara Style’.
(2) The Silk Route:
Merchants in ancients India supplied Chinese silk to western countries. The land route by which the silk trade was carried on was called the ‘silk route’. Some ancient places in India were connected to this route.
More Extra Questions –
Multiple choice questions: (marks:1)
1.) Who dug the cave ‘Sigiriya’?
A. King kashyap
B. King ashoka
C. King harshavardhan
Ans: king kashyap
2.) Chinese silk was known as:
3.) The ancient kingdom of Funan in cambodia was established in the :
A. First century CE
B. Third century CE
C. Fifth century CE
Ans: First century CE.
Answer the following questions: (marks:1)
1.) What were the names of Ashoka’s son and daughter?
Ans: The name of his son was Mahendra and the name of his daughter was sanghamitra.
2.) What is ‘ Mahavamsa’?
Ans: It is a Buddhist text written in Sri lanka.
3. What were the names of srillankan Buddhist works?
Ans: The names of Srillankan Buddhist works are Dipvamsa and Mahavamsa. They arewritten in Pali language.
4. Write the names of the Chinese Buddhist Bhikkhus?
Ans: Fa Hien and Yuan chwang were the chinese Buddhist Bhikkhus.
5. Who translated the many Indian Buddhist texts into Chinese language?
Ans: Dharmarakshaka and kashyapa matanga translated the many Indian Buddhist textsinto Chinese language.
6. Write the name of an important port of Egypt?
Ans: Alexandria was an important port of Egypt.
Answer the following questions: (marks:2)
1.) Which is called the ‘silk route’?
Ans: Merchants in ancient India supplied Chinese silk to western countries. The land route by which the silk trade was carried on, was called the ‘Silk Route’. Some ancient places in India were connected to this route. Example: Nala-sopara near Mumbai in Maharashtra was one such place.
2.) Which images of Gautama Buddha are known as ‘ Gandhara style’ images
Ans: During the Kushana period Under the influence of the Greek art of sculpture, a newform of art arose in India. It is called the Gandhara school of art. In the Gandhar art school images of Gautam Buddha were mainly carved. As these images were mostly found in the Gandhara region of Afghanistan, the style is called the ‘Gandhara style’.
See below for more chapters solutions ⇓