Maharashtra Board Class 6 Geography Solution Chapter 8 – Natural Resources
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 6 Geography Solution Chapter 8: Natural Resources. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 6 get here Natural Resources full Exercise Solution.
|Maharashtra Class 6|
(A) What is the use of following resources?
(1) Water: The entire living world depends on this resource. Man is catching fish and drawing water from the well. We obtain salt from sea water. And lastly, water is our life. Without water we don’t survive on earth.
(2) Forests: We obtain products like wood, rubber, resin, fruits, medicinal plants etc from forests. We get fresh oxygen from the trees of forest.
(3) Animals: Horse, Oxen, Camel, Asses, etc are the animals employed for ploughing, riding, transporting goods etc. Goats, Cows, Buffalos are used as milk, animal’s meat, eggs, bone-powder, hide etc.
(4) Minerals: We get different metal and chemicals from minerals. Some chemicals are used in preparing different medicines. Metallic minerals are used for obtaining different metals such as iron, bauxite etc and non-metallic ions are used in obtaining various chemicals like gypsum, rock salt, calcite etc.
(5) Land: Land is also a natural resource. Living things that are born on land grow, live and die on land itself. It is solid and bought. Obtaining land at strategic locations, using it for construction as well as trade are some other uses of land.
(c) (1) What factors influence the formation of soil?
Ans: – Soil formation mainly depends on the original rock, climate, organic components, slope of the land and time. According to the types of rocks and climates in different regions, different types of soil are formed.
(2) Which products are obtained from forests?
Ans: – We obtain products like wood, rubber, resin, fruits, medicinal plants etc.
(3) What are the uses of minerals?
Ans: – (A) – (4) no.
(4) What are the purpose for which land is used?
Ans: – Land is used for various purposes. Living things are born on land, grow and dic. It is solid or bought. The proportion of land on earth is 29.20% obtaining land at strategic locations, using it for construction as well as trade are some other uses of this resource.
(5) Why is necessary to conserve the natural resources?
Ans: – Every living thing makes use of natural resources according to its need. However, man started using many of these resources for himself along with help of intellectual power. Later, the increase in population and greed of humans led to exploitative use of resources. This began to upset the balance in nature this means that it is necessary to conserve the natural resources.