Maharashtra Board Class 5 English Solution Chapter 27 – The Legend Of Marathon
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 5 English Solution Chapter 27: The Legend Of Marathon. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 5 get here The Legend Of Marathon full Exercise Solution.
|Maharashtra Class 5|
The Legend Of Marathon
Chapter – 27
The legend of Marathon
(1) Show the major events in the story of Pheidippides on a ‘time-line’.
Ans: – Persons attacked Athens
– A special messenger Pheidippides was sent to seek help from Sparta
– A surprises attack began between Athenians and Persians
– Athenians won the battle
– Persians decide to attack Athenians
– The Athenian generals decided to let the people of Athens know that they had won against Persian
– The message of their victory must be sent to Athens before Persian reach there
– Pheidippides agreed to sent message to Athenians
– Finally, he was successful in his mission and reached before the Persians
– After delivering the message Pheidippides collapsed due to exertion.
– Pheidippide’s historic run from Marathon to Athens became a legend
– Marathon was commemorated in the Olympic game in Greece in the honour of Pheidippides.