Maharashtra Board Class 4 EVS Solution Chapter 16 – Day and Night
Balbharati Maharashtra Board Class 4 EVS Solution Chapter 16: Day and Night. Marathi or English Medium Students of Class 4 get here Day and Night full Exercise Solution.
|Maharashtra Class 4|
Environmental Studies Solution
Day and Night
(A) THINK AND TELL:
(1) On a new moon day, we cannot see the moon even through it is there in the sky. Why is that so?
We live on the earth. The Earth gets light from the sun. Some sunlight gets reflected from the surface of the earth on the surface of the moon. Thus the moon gets reflected sunlight. On the new moon day, the moon does not get any reflected sunlight. So that, on a new moon day, we cannot see the moon even though it is there in the sky.
(2) Why do birds return to their nests earlier in winter than in summer?
The days are shorter in winter but in summer, the days are longer. So, the sun sets early in winter and it gets dark early. That’s why the birds return to their nests earlier in winter than summer.
(B) ANSWER IN BRIEF:
(1) From where does the earth get light?
The Earth gets light from the Sun. The earth’s shape is like that of a very large ball. Therefore, light from the sun does not reach the entire earth at one and same time. Half the earth gets sunlight when the other half remains dark.
(2) What is the earth shaped like?
The earth’s shape is like that of a very large ball.
(3) When do we say that it is daytime?
We say that it is daytime when we get light from the sun.
(4) When do we say it is night time?
We say that it is night time when we don’t get light from the sun.
(1) The spinning of the earth:
While Earth moving around the sun, the earth spins around itself. This spinning of the earth around itself is called the rotation of the earth. We have day and night because of the rotation of the earth.
(2) The cycle of Day and Night:
The earth spins around itself while it moving around the sun. So, the part that faces the sun goes into darkness and the part that is in the dark comes into the light. That is why we have day and night on the earth alternately.
(D) FILL IN THE BLANKS:
(1) The whole day has _______ hours.
(2) The sun appearing in the sky in the morning is called ___________
(3) The disappearance of the sun from the sky in the evening is called ____________
(4) From march 21 till _________ our days become longer and the nights shorter.
Answer: 21 June.
(E) TRUE OR FALSE:
(1) The number of hours in the day and the night on March 21 are equal.
(2) In our part of the earth, on June 21, the day is the longest and the night, shortest
(3) On September 22, the length of the day and the night are unequal
(4) In our part of the earth, on December 22, the day is the longest and the night, shortest
For More Solutions, Click Below :-
- Ch 1. The Life Cycle of Animals
- Ch 2. The Inter-relationships between Living Things
- Ch 3. Storage of Water
- Ch 4. Water Safe for Drinking
- Ch 5. Water for Every Household
- Ch 6. Variety in Food
- Ch 7. Food and Nutrition
- Ch 8. The Value of Food
- Ch 9. Air
- Ch 10. Clothes
- Ch 11. A Look inside the Body
- Ch 12. Home Remedies for Simple Illnesses
- Ch 13. Directions and Maps
- Ch 14. Maps and Symbols
- Ch 15. My District, My State
- Ch 17. My Upbringing
- Ch 18. Changes in the Family and Neighbourhood
- Ch 19. My Delightful School
- Ch 20. I’ll be responsible and sensitive
- Ch 22. Transport and Communication