Important Notes for CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 11 – Light Shadows and Reflection. Light Shadows and Reflection Class 6 Notes and Study Material Download in PDF form.
Light Shadows and Reflection Notes | Light Shadows and Reflection Class 6 Notes | Light Shadows and Reflection Quick Revision | Light Shadows and Reflection Class 6 Quick Revision Notes | Science Class 6 Ch 11 Notes | NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Notes PDF.
Light Shadows and Reflection
Light is a form of energy which enables us to see things around us .
Anything which emits light it’s self called luminous .
Example : Sun , Torch , bulb candle etc.
Non Luminous :
Those things which do not emit light it’s self are called Non Luminous .
Example : Moon , mirrors , birds , trees , humans etc.
When light is pass through an object is called Transparent .
Example : glass , water , etc .
When light passes moderately or partially through an object is known as translucent .
Example : tracing paper , oil , oil paper , ground glass , etc.
When light does not pass through an object is known as opaque .
Example : wood , metal , stone etc .
- Shadow is form when light is fall on the opaque things or object.
- Shadow is form in the opposite direction of source .
- Example when sunlight is fall on the tree , human , black shadow is form on the opposite direction of sunlight .
Shape and size of the shadow :
- The shape and size of the shadow is depends upon the light source and the substance or object .
- When the distance between light source and object increase the shadow become large .
- When the distance between light source and object decrease the shadow become smaller .
Pinhole camera :
- When sunlight is pass through the small gap or patches between tree covered with large number of leaves this small gap or patches in where sunlight is pass known as pinhole camera.
- Cut out one end of cardboard box and fix tracing paper over the end paper.
- Make a small hole in the centre of paper towards apposite to the paper.
- Point the hole toward the bright object such as candle , tree etc.
- You will inverted image form on the screen of tracing paper.
Reflection and mirror:
- When light is fall on the surface of mirror and change its direction in a opposite side orreturns back of light is known as reflection .
- Mirror are made up of polished glass with a layer of metal ( silver or aluminium ) at the back side .
- Due to the metal layer light is reflected from the surface of mirror.
- This mirror form a image due to the reflection .