Lakhmir Singh Manjit Kaur Class 6 Science First Chapter Food: Where Does It Come From Solution
Food: Where Does It Come From?
Lakhmir Singh and Manjit kaur Class 6 Science Solution – Food: Where Does It Come From, Food: A Fuel For Our Body, Variety in the Food, Food Items and Their Ingredients, Sources of Food: Plants and Animals, Plant Parts as Food: Roots, Stems, Leaves, Flowers, Fruits and Seeds; Sprouts : A Nutritious Food; Animal Products as food: Milk (Curd, Butter, Ghee, cheese), Eggs, Chicken, Mutton, Fish and Honey; Food Producers (Green Plants) and Food Consumers (animals); Herbivores, Carnivores and Omnivores
Very Short Type Questions
(1) Ans: Cow, Buffalo.
(2) Ans. (A) eggs. (B) goat.
(3) Ans. Plant and Animal.
(4) Ans. Root, Stem, Flower, Fruit, Leaves.
(5) Ans. Carrot, Radish.
(6) Ans. Onion & Potato.
(7) Ans. Spinach, Lettuce.
(8) Ans. Sunflower, Jasmine.
(9) Ans. Apple, Mango.
(10) Ans. Wheat, Maize, Rice, Bengal gram, Peas.
(11) Ans. Sprouting.
(12) Ans. Rice, Urad dal, Salt, Water.
(13) Ans. Herbivores, Carnivores, Omnivores.
(14) (a) which eat only other animals?
(b) which eat only plants?
(c) which eat plants as well as animal.
(14) Ans. (A) carnivores.
(15) Ans. Ghee, Butter, Paneer, Cheese.
(16) Kingfisher, Dragongly, Carnivore, Snake
(17) Fill in the following blanks with suitable words:
(a) The ____ which we drink come from cows, buffaloes, and goat.
(b) Milk is an ____ product.
(c) Sugar is obtained from a plant called ________
Ans. Sugar cane.
The major sources of food are ____ and _____.
Ans. Plant and animal.
Bees make ______ from nectar of flowers.
Tiger eats only meat, so it is a ______.
Deer eats only plants, so it is a _______.
Human beings eat plant product as well as animals, so they are ______.
Parrots eat only _____ products.
Plants make their own food by the process of ______.
Short answer Type Questions:
(18) Ans. Food is a substance eaten by us to do work, grow, maintain our body and remain healthy.
Five examples of food are: fish, meat, egg, milk, bread.
(b) Name five food materials which come from animals.
(19) Ans. (A) Pulses, Rice, Wheat, Maize, Vegetables.
(B) Meat, Egg, Milk, Fish, Honey.
(20) (a) comes from plants?
(b) do not come from plants.
Ans. Brinjal, Salt, Spices, Oils, Water.
(a) Comes from plants: Brinjal, Spices, Oils.
(b) Do not come from plants: Salt, Water.
(21) Ans.The major ingredients kheer are Rice, Milk, Sugar.
The major ingredients which come from plants are Rice and Sugar. Whereas Milk is come from animals.
(a) Cow (Or Buffalo)- Milk.
(b) Hen- Meat, Egg.
(c) Bees- Honey.
- Goat- Milk, Meat.
- Camel- Milk.
(23) Ans. The difference between herbivores, carnivores and omnivores are following:
|1. Those animals which eat only plants are called Herbivores.||1. Those animals which eat only other animals are called carnivores.||1. Those animals which eat both plants and animals are called omnivores.|
|2. Example: Goat, Cow,||2. Example: Lion, Tiger, Frog.||2. Example: Man, Dog.|
(24) Dog, Tiger, Deer, Man, Lizard, Squirrel, Camel, Crow, Rabbit, Vulture
|Deer, Squirrel, Camel, Rabbit||Dog, Tiger, Lizard, Crow, Vulture||Man.|
(25) Ans. The method of making sprouts from seeds is called sprouting. The seeds of moong, chana are used for making sprouts in our homes.
(27) (i) Cow (ii) Tiger (iii) Cat (iv) House lizard (v) Butterfly (vi) Rat (vii) Fish (viii) Sparrow (ix) Frog (x) Human beings
Ans. (i) Grass (ii) Flesh (iii) Milk (iv) Insect (v) poly grains (vi) Grain (vii) Small aquatic plants and animals (viii) Small insects (ix) insects (x) Milk, egg, meat, honey, bread, cereal grains, fish, et(c)
Long Answer Type Questions :
(29) Ans. Some Plants make their own food they are called food producers. Example: All the green plants.
Some animals only consume food made by others they are called food consumers. Example: Human beings.
(30) Ans. Those animals which eat only plants are called herbivores. Example: Goat, Cow, Buffalo, Sheep, Horse.
(31) Ans. Those animals which eat only other animals as food are called carnivores.
Example: Lion, Tiger, Frog, Vulture, Kingfisher.
(32) Ans. Those animals which eat both, plants and animals are called omnivores.
Example: Man, Dog, Cat, Crow, Hen.
(33) Ans. Take about 50 gram seeds of chana (Bengal gram), put them in a vessel containing water and keep them overnight. Next day, remove the seeds from water. Now, wrap the seeds in a piece of wet cloth and keep them aside for one day. Water should be sprinkled on the piece of cloth from time to time to keep it wet. When we open the wrap we will find that tiny white structures have grown out of the seeds. We say that the seeds have sprouted or that the sprouts have been formed. The sprouts can be boiled and eaten as a snack after adding salt and piece.
(34) Ans. Bee make honey.
How do they make honey:
Bees collect nectar from the flowers of plants and convert it into honey. The bees store this honey in the structures called hives. The hives containing honey are called honeycombs. We can see honeycombs attached to tall buildings or hanging from trees. Honey is collected from such honeycombs.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
(35) Ans. (c) grasshopper
(36) Ans. d. grass
(37) Ans. (c) makka
(38) Ans. (c) maize
(39) Ans. (c) sweet potato
(40) Ans. (c) mustard
(41) Ans. d. butterfly
(42) Ans. (c) onion
(43) Ans. (b) mango
(44) Ans. (c) bougainvillea
(45) Ans. (b) camel
(46) Ans. d. lion
(47) Ans. (a) hen
(48) Ans. (b) a herbivore
(49) Ans. (a) stem
(50) Ans. (c) root
Next Chapter Solution Link:
- Chapter 2) Components of Food Part-1
- Components of Food Part-2
- Chapter 3) Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4) Sorting Materials Into Groups
- Chapter 5) Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6) Changes Around Us
- Chapter 7) Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8) Body Movements
- Chapter 9) The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
- Chapter 10) Motion and Measurement of Distances
- Chapter 11) Light Shadows and Reflection
- Chapter 12) Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13) Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14) Water
- Chapter 15) Air Around Us
- Chapter 16) Garbage In Garbage Out
37 CommentsAdd a Comment
It is very useful for student
I like this
It is very useful for students
I like this
Where is the answer of question no. 26
Hello everyone hi
WHERE IS HOTS QUESTION.
26 number nahin hai direct 27 hai 26 ka solve karke den class six
Where is the hots question
It is very use ful
I like this so,much….
Your answers are so good and they really help us thank you
This is very helpful for us
I like this
Thanks for that
Hi every one
Where is Q.26 in ch-1
It would more better if the questions would have been written.
It is much good for students.
It is very helpful . I like it . Thankx! Author for this book .
26no questions nahi hai