Lakhmir Singh Manjit Kaur Solution Class 6 Science Light, Shadows, And Reflections Here. Light, Shadows, And Reflections Exercise Solution.
Very Short Type Questions:
(2) Two natural sources of light- Sun and Star and Two man made source of light are- Torch, Candle.
(3) (a) False
(4) (a) Opaque
(5) (a) Glass
(b) Oil Paper
(6) (a) Transparent materials
(8) An object forms shadow on the opposite side to the source of light.
(9) Rectilinear propagation of light.
(10) The pinhole camera works on the principle that light travels in straight lines.
(11) Light travels in straight lines.
(13) The image which can be obt5ained on a screen is called real image whereas the image which cannot be obtained on a screen called a virtual image.
(14) This is because the light rays coming from the top and bottom of the object cross over at the pin hole.
(15) (a) Straight
(d) Virtual image
Short Answer Type Questions:
(16) This is because light given out by the glowing bulb enters our eyes.
(17) (a) This is because wooden screen is a opaque material.
(b) A book is a non luminous object and an non luminous object can only be seen when light coming out from a luminous object. So we can not see the book in a dark room.
(18) The sources of light- Sun, Star, Electric Bulb, Meteor.
(19) We can see the table due to it reflects the light falling on it from the luminous object in all direct ions.
(20) (a) Three object which produce their own light- Sun, Star, Burning candle.
(b) Three objects which we see by their reflected rays- Flower pot, Plant, Table.
(21) We see most of the object around us by reflected rays. Most of the object reflect when light falling on them. And when some of this reflected light goes into our eyes, we are able to see the object. This way we can see the pages of book by the use of electric light in the night.
(22) We can see table and chair during day time as because it reflects the light falling on it from the sun, electric bulb or tubelight in all directions. And when this reflected light coming from the table or chair enters our eyes, we are able to see this objects.
(23) We can not see the table and chair in a room when it is dark because we can not see an object if light from that object does not reach our eyes.
(24) Transparent Material: Ground Glass, Clear glass, Air.
Translucent material: Tracing Paper, Water.
Opaque material: Cardboard, Brick wall, Aluminium sheet.
(25) Two observation which show that light travels in straight lines : 00the beams of search light at the airport, and Beam of light coming from the projection room of a cinema hall and falling on the screen.
(26) The difference between pinhole camera and shadows:
(i) The image in a pinhole camera is inverted whereas The shadow of an object is erect.
(ii) The image in a pinhole camera is the same color as the object whereas The color of the shadow always black.
(27) This is because, moon reflects sunlight in our eyes. Actually when sunlight falls on the surface of the moon then some of the sunlight is reflected by the moon towards the earth. It looks like that it is the light of moon, actually it is the reflected light of sun. This way we can able to see the moon.
(28) The periscope is a device which gives us higher view than normal.
Two plane mirrors are there in a periscope.
(29) (a) The two plane mirrors are arranged parallel to one another and their reflecting surfaces face each other.
(b) Each plane mirror makes an angle of 45 degree with respect to the ends of the tube.
(30) (a) virtual image
(b) Real Image
(c) Virtual image
(d) Real Image.
(31) The bright circular patches of light under the tree is called pinhole images, the source of the light is the sun, the dry porous leaves and the gaps between the leaves acts as the screen, and the phenomenon is known as diffraction of lights.
(32) The characteristics image formed in a pinhole camera are:-
(i) The image in a pinhole camera is inverted as compared to the object.
(ii) The image in a pinhole camera is of the same color as the object.
(iii) The image in a pinhole camera is real.
(33) No, I can’t see myself as the non luminous objects can only be seen when light coming from a luminous object.
(34) The three things are required to observed a shadow:- (i) a source of light (ii) an opaque object (iii) a screen on which the shadow can be seen.
Long Answer Type Questions:
(35) The process of sending back the light rays which fall on the surface of an object is called reflection of light.
The objects having polished, shining surfaces reflect more light.
Water reflects light when we see the images of trees and other objects in a lake.
(36) The image which can be obtained on a screen is called a real image.
Example: Cinema hall.
The image which can not be obtained on a screen is called a virtual image.
Example: Our image in a plane mirror.
(37) How the Reflection of Light from a mirror differs from the reflection of light from a piece of white paper
Page No. 174.
(38) Those material which allow all the light to pass through them is called transparent material.
Example: Glass, Air.
Those materials which allow only some of light to pass through them is called translucent material.
Example: Butter Paper, Oiled Paper.
Those material which do not allow any light to pass through them are called opaque material.
Example: Cardboard, book.
(39) (a) Two characteristics image formed in a plane mirror are:-
(i) The image formed in a plane mirror is virtual. It cannot be obtained on a screen.
(ii) The image formed in a plane mirror is at the same distance behind the mirror as the object is in front of it.
(b) The right side of the body appears to be the left side in the image formed in a plane mirror.
(40) (a) An object which gives out its own light is called luminous object.
Example: Sun, Other Star,
(b) An object which does not gives out its own light is called non luminous object.
Example: Plants, Flower pots.
Moon is a non luminous object.
Next Chapters Solution Link:
- Chapter 1) Food: Where does it come from
- Chapter 2) Components of Food Part-1
- Components of Food Part-2
- Chapter 3) Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4) Sorting Materials Into Groups
- Chapter 5) Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6) Changes Around Us
- Chapter 7) Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8) Body Movements
- Chapter 9) The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
- Chapter 10) Motion and Measurement of Distances
- Chapter 12) Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13) Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14) Water
- Chapter 15) Air Around Us
- Chapter 16) Garbage In Garbage Out
26 CommentsAdd a Comment
Thanks, it’s correct
Thank You Please share to your friends
This is the correct answer
Thanks your answers are correct. Can I know your name
Mcq are not given
6. c) is wrong
It is written transparent it shall be translucent
Ok we will see this one, Thank you for your convenience
Swayom you are right. Agniswar
Chapter 11 ka very short ka anser 13 me Obtained ki jagah “Ob5tained likh gya hai
Thanks for giving all these answer.
That is right
Yes my friend is absolutely right.
Short answer ka 27 no. Is wrong
Thank you for giving us these answers but Q6/c is wrong give attention on that please .
It is really very helpful thanks a lot
Yours website is very useful to me because i am in 6 standard at Surat in shree vasistha Vidhyalaya school at kamrej
Very bad site
All answer are right short answer have long answer